Brooklyn Fit Chick Vlog Episode 22 with Awesome News about @SweatyBetties and my @BalancedBites Book Giveaway! 18
Brooklyn Fit Chick Vlog Episode 22
The Latest Brooklyn Fit Chick Vlog Episode 22: Featuring my Chopped Off Forehead, “Sweaty Betties,” My Standing Desk and the
Practical Paleo Book Giveaway!
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
First off—I want to apologize for the cruddy “crop” job I did with the You Tube clip this week. (Oy!) I kept cutting myself off the forehead and had to go back and redo several times. (Does anyone out there want to volunteer to be my cameraperson? I can you back with gratitude and dirty jokes!) However, what I do like about today’s Vlog is the fact in it you see me making yummy bacon-wrapped chicken thighs—aw yeah!
Anyhoo, enough of my self-conscious complaining-today I am also announcing my latest giveaway—Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo! This is one of my favorite Paleo reads and I was thrilled when Diane herself contacted me to ask if I would want to give one of my lucky readers a copy for themselves. You can find Diane at her terrific Blog Balanced Bites (http://balancedbites.com/) plus she has a podcast on iTunes called Balanced Bites as well. Be sure to check them out!
Now on to the latest Vlog and the details of the giveaway!
Episode 22 of the Brooklyn Fit Chick Vlog Notes:
• “Sweaty Betties” I am beyond excited to join the team of ambassadors for The Sweaty Betties—yee ha! I will have more details soon but here is their website in the meantime. (Thanks so much Danny J!) Check out their website here: http://thesweatybetties.com/
• Metro NY Article: Check out this link to see what I had to say about sitting being “the new smoking” and what you can do about it. http://www.metro.us/newyork/life/article/1160797–why-you-need-to-stand-up-for-your-health
• My Practical Paleo Giveaway: (See below!)
You Tube Link Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYN3YYQlZjc
Got that? Now here is some more information about this week’s giveaway:
by Diane Sanfillippo
With Practical Paleo, Diane Sanfilippo, Certified Nutrition Consultant and author of the very highly trafficked health blog, Balanced Bites, has created a comprehensive, user-friendly resource on the Paleo lifestyle that is truly for everyone.
Are you an athlete seeking to improve your performance? Do you suffer from health problems, such as an autoimmune condition, blood sugar regulation, or digestive issues? Practical Paleo can help you turn your life around. “This is not a diet,” says Diane.
“Practical Paleo is a way to change your lifestyle, lending to long-term health benefits. A diet is temporary: this book will show you how food works inside the body so that people can design a plan that works for their body.”
Diane’s developed her approach to a Paleo lifestyle based on her personal experiences. After suffering for years from chronic illness and digestive stress, among other deteriorating health-related challenges, she broke her diet down in minute detail and identified the culprit. “What I didn’t know about grains was hurting me”, says Diane.
Now a Certified Nutrition Consultant, Diane shares her discovery of how to become and stay healthy with others. “People are just beginning to realize that they are no longer destined to suffer from diseases, or even minor ailments—which are caused by modern food and depleting lifestyles.”
Divided into three parts, Practical Paleo is an invaluable guidebook, providing a in-depth look at everything Paleo:
• Part 1 teaches people the basics of why eating real, whole foods is optimal for health, including Diane’s signature 1-page guides to help put the information into action.
• Part 2 provides guidance for when a standard Paleo or grain-free approach may not be enough for specific health conditions, including autoimmune conditions, diabetes (1 and 2), neurological diseases, and cancer recovery to name a few, as well as for specific goals like fat loss or athletic performance.
• Part 3 includes over 120 easy recipes that provide the foundation for each of the 30-Day Therapeutic Meal Plans in the previous section.
One of the secrets to success with the Paleo lifestyle is personalization—what works for one person will most likely not work for the next. Diane’s 30-day plans and her delivery of the information relating to each of these plans allow each of us to truly help ourselves.
Practical Paleo can be found in stores nationwide, including at Barnes & Noble, Books A Million, Costco and independent retailers, as well as online at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
Practical Paleo is written by Diane Sanfilippo and published by Victory Belt Publishing, Inc. For more information about Diane and Practical Paleo, visit www.balancedbites.com or listen to her top-rated weekly podcast, The Balanced Bites Podcast, on iTunes.
If you are interested in getting a copy of Practical Paleo (Continental U.S. only please!) you need to do the following:
• Post a comment on my Blog below.
• Tweet out your interest in this giveaway to both: @BrooklynFitChik and @BalancedBites
I will randomly pick a winner next Monday, February 11th at Noon (Eastern) and contact them directly. Good luck!!
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: “BrooklynFitChik” (note the spelling!)
Friend me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1