I am featured in today’s Blog post for Running, Loving, Living:
What Did We Learn This Month?
Shape: March 2013
Shape Cover Star for March:
Jennifer Love Hewitt and her insane curves are featured on the cover the March issue. In her interview Jennifer addresses the rotten things the media has said about her body over the years (which makes me insane—THIS woman was considered fat? Sheesh!)
Jennifer admits the hyper-focus on her weight made her self-conscious for a while but success is the best revenge of all as they say and she is flying high now with her Lifetime show The Client List.
If you are curious how she stays in shape—check out her routine based on her “Buti” classes from trainer Bizzie Gold (you read that correctly!) Check out her site here: (Link for Bizzie!)
So what else is inside the March Shape?
“Workout of the Month”
So excited about these workout pages from the March issue! The moves here are from trainer Simone De LaRue whom I have written about for Fit Bottomed Girls a few months ago: (Fit Bottomed Girls link.)
“Show Stopping Ads”
Shape’s Janet Lee offers great advice on how to get your core in tip top condition from what to eat, to the best workouts to try and finally—the steps to getting more zzz’s in your life.
“Yoga, Our Way”
If you are looking to add more yoga to your life but were not sure which practice was best for you—well check out page 72 to find out!
Jessica Matthews developed this routine based on using three different cardio machines at the gym that will help you burn more calories in less time.
“Wacky, But it Works!”
Feel funny about using walking poles while walking outdoors or trying your hand at dribbling a basketball? Well don’t feel silly because these activities will help make your workout even more complete.
And now the rest of the best of this issue of Shape:
• “Shop Once, Eat All Week” Shape shows us what you can make with just 20 ingredients on your shopping list. Really yummy recipes from author Melissa Lanz: The Fresh 20: (Amazon.com link.)
• “Love Your Now Body” TLC’s Stacy London (What Not to Wear) is new to the Shape fashion team and I for one could not be more excited! And she is a fellow Brooklynite which makes her extra cool IMHO.
• “Coolest Clubs in America” Did your fancy gym make the list?
• “Head Off Headaches” I get some real pounders between my eyes sometime so this article will be most helpful.
• “Medicine Cabinet: A Checkup” Most helpful guide for what to keep and what to toss from my bathroom cabinets. (Yikes—it was scary in there!)
Follow Shape magazine online at: www.Shape.com
A! Once again they bring a really useful issue. Good job Shape!
Have you read the March Shape yet? What was your favorite article? Let me know!
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
“Friend” me on Facebook at “Brooklyn FitChick”
You Tube: “BrooklynFitChick1”
Brooklyn Fit Chick Vlog Episode 26
The Latest Brooklyn Fit Chick Vlog Episode 26: Featuring My “Just Add OJ” Ambassadorship
Plus: Food Network’s Claire Robinson 5 Ingredient Fix Cookbook Giveaway!!
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
Hello there! A few weeks ago I wrote a piece for Fit Bottomed Girl & Fit Bottomed Eats about the “Just Add OJ” culinary competition (Link) that took place in New York and featured TV chef Claire Robinson (The Food Network’s 5 Ingredient Fix) and nutritional expert Heidi Skolnik. Well the good folks at the Florida Department of Citrus offered me the opportunity to be an ambassador for their “Just Add OJ” campaign for the month of March and I immediately said “yes!”
So that means I will be posting some yummy recipes you can find at floridajuice.com including this one for a Zesty Citrus Dark Milkshake (link) that sounds amazing!
In the spirit of full disclosure I want to tell you that I am being compensated for my ambassadorship but let me state that I do indeed add 100% OJ to some of my favorite recipes and feel very good about this partnership. I will make this clear in all of my upcoming tweets on the topic which will go under the hashtag #JustAddOJ and will be indicated by the letters “ST” (sponsored tweet.) Cool?
On my Vlog today I talk about this sponsorship plus:
• My pal Toni Church of the Running, Living, Loving Blog (http://runninglovingliving.com/) and the video I will post on her site describing what I carry in my gym bags. (Yes, I carry two of them wherever I teach and the video is not as boring as it sounds like it should be.)
• The online course I took at NASM (link) to get my “Weight Loss Specialist” certification. (Online is the way to go, people!)
• My latest giveaway which includes a $20 gift card from Williams-Sonoma, a measuring cup plus a copy of Claire Robinson’s cookbook 5 Ingredient Fix Amazon.com link
Now let’s check out today’s Vlog post! (Hopefully the thumnail photo is not the scary one of me!)
If you are interested this “Just Add OJ” Sponsored Giveaway (Continental U.S. only please!) you need to do the following:
• Post a comment on my Blog below.
• Tweet out your interest in this giveaway to both: @BrooklynFitChik and @JustAddOJ
• Use the hastag #JustAddOJ
I will randomly pick a winner next Monday, March 11th at Noon (Eastern) and contact them directly. Good luck!!
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: “BrooklynFitChik” (note the spelling!)
Friend me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1