What Did We Learn This Month?
Recaps of Bicycling, MORE, Muscle & Fitness Hers and Prevention
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
How are you all doing today? Me? I am just fine thankyouverymuch. The magazine are piling up around my apartment and I need to just get more of these posts up already so today I bring four of my favorite reads of the past few weeks. Hope you enjoy them!
Bicycling: April 2013
- “Bicycling 2013 Buyers Guide” What the hell am I doing working on a Blog post when I should be drooling over the pictures of the bikes featured here instead? (I want everything featured and I wish this damn winter weather would go away so I can actually do some cycling.)
- “Go the Distance” A page of “must have” gadgets and cool essentials to take on your next long ride.
- “Good Looks” Really cool items that are not all necessarily for cyclists but the bike rack will look in my new home, someday…
- “Best in Class” Bikes, bikes and more bikes—I am really missing my rides right now!
- “Sole Mates” Nine really neat looking shoes including a pair custom-designed from Riivo Tekna and cost a whopping $825 clams!
Check out Bicycling online here: www.bicycling.com
More: March 2013
- Connie Britton: I love this woman and have been a fan of hers for ages (though I admit I have yet to check out Nashville—is it good?) Connie started her career as a fitness instructor while studying acting in New York which is one of the reasons she looks completely amaze-balls at 46 years-old. She is also a new mom and quite possibly my new imaginary celebrity best friend.
- “Revenge of the Handsome Woman” Women who have “handsome” features rather than culturally accepted “pretty” ones tend to age much better and get their “revenge” in the middle-aged years.
- “She Keeps Families Together” Great feature on Jessica Dominguez who is a Los Angeles-based lawyer who at one time an undocumented worker and now works to keep deportees form being separated from their children.
- “The Life-Extending Diet” The things you need to eat to get healthier including Omega 3 fatty acids (unless you already eat enough meat & dairy) and cutting back on sugar.
- “5 Top Facialists Confess” I love beauty advice and here we get the best tips from best veauty gals in the business. (Drink your water, people!)
- Cyndi Lauper: More talked to pop singer a(nd now Broadway composer) Cyndi Lauper who worked with Harvey Fierstein to get Kinky Boots from film to the stage.
Check out MORE online here: www.more.com
Muscle & Fitness Hers: March/April 2013
- “Must-Try Move: Quads” Expert advice to get your quads looking fierce from IFBB Fitness Pro Oksana Grishina, IFBB Figure Pro Candice Lewis and NPC Bikini Ana Delia Iturrondo.
- Ali Lee: The singer and dancer prefers to keep strong & fit in order to keep some balance in her life and busy career.
- “9 Serious Skin Smoothers” All kinds of price points are shown here for the best face & body exfoliators on the market.
- Vida Guerra: A day in the life of the IFBB Bikini Pro who is seeking a show business career in Los Angeles which includes training with an Olympic sprinter and running with a parachute on her back—really!
- “Get Short-Circuit Sexy” Cover model Erin Stern (a Figure Olympia Pro) shows how doing a series of 20-second moves can get your body strong & sexy.
- “Whip Yourself Into Shape” If you want to learn about proper rope training (and I did then this is the article to check out!
- “The Perfect Gluten-Free Day” Here we get a six-meal plan that help you feel full without a gluten in sight.
Check out Muscle & Fitness Hers online www.muscleandfitnesshers.com
Prevention: March 2013
- “52 Meals That Heal” Lots and lots of “super foods” are featured here including soba noodles, grapefruit and canned salmon.
- “Why Morning Walks Give You an Edge” I switched to being a morning workout person simply because that worked best with my schedule but there are real advantages to getting out there before the chickens.
- “Good Night, Sleep Riught” The latest potions and gadgets to help you get more zzz’s.
- “What Will You Leave Behind?” Mallika Chopra (daughter of Deepak Chopra) is the founder of intent.com and she offers her advice for living a life with purpose.
- “Get a Leg Up on Diabetes” Turns out prediabates is a very treatable condition with coach-led exercise. So instead of saying “Whew—glad I don’t have that disease!” You need to get your butt in gear.
- “Your Eyes After 40” Prevention talks about the “six common vision problems of midlife—and what to do about them.”
Check out Prevention online www.prevention.com
So that is all I have for today folks. Have you read of these magazines this month? What did you think? Let me know!
Until next time!
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
Friend Me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick”
You Tube: “BrooklynFitChick1”