What Did We Learn This Month?
Shape: March 2013
Shape Cover Star for March:
Jennifer Love Hewitt and her insane curves are featured on the cover the March issue. In her interview Jennifer addresses the rotten things the media has said about her body over the years (which makes me insane—THIS woman was considered fat? Sheesh!)
Jennifer admits the hyper-focus on her weight made her self-conscious for a while but success is the best revenge of all as they say and she is flying high now with her Lifetime show The Client List.
If you are curious how she stays in shape—check out her routine based on her “Buti” classes from trainer Bizzie Gold (you read that correctly!) Check out her site here: (Link for Bizzie!)
So what else is inside the March Shape?
“Workout of the Month”
So excited about these workout pages from the March issue! The moves here are from trainer Simone De LaRue whom I have written about for Fit Bottomed Girls a few months ago: (Fit Bottomed Girls link.)
“Show Stopping Ads”
Shape’s Janet Lee offers great advice on how to get your core in tip top condition from what to eat, to the best workouts to try and finally—the steps to getting more zzz’s in your life.
“Yoga, Our Way”
If you are looking to add more yoga to your life but were not sure which practice was best for you—well check out page 72 to find out!
Jessica Matthews developed this routine based on using three different cardio machines at the gym that will help you burn more calories in less time.
“Wacky, But it Works!”
Feel funny about using walking poles while walking outdoors or trying your hand at dribbling a basketball? Well don’t feel silly because these activities will help make your workout even more complete.
And now the rest of the best of this issue of Shape:
• “Shop Once, Eat All Week” Shape shows us what you can make with just 20 ingredients on your shopping list. Really yummy recipes from author Melissa Lanz: The Fresh 20: (Amazon.com link.)
• “Love Your Now Body” TLC’s Stacy London (What Not to Wear) is new to the Shape fashion team and I for one could not be more excited! And she is a fellow Brooklynite which makes her extra cool IMHO.
• “Coolest Clubs in America” Did your fancy gym make the list?
• “Head Off Headaches” I get some real pounders between my eyes sometime so this article will be most helpful.
• “Medicine Cabinet: A Checkup” Most helpful guide for what to keep and what to toss from my bathroom cabinets. (Yikes—it was scary in there!)
Follow Shape magazine online at: www.Shape.com
A! Once again they bring a really useful issue. Good job Shape!
Have you read the March Shape yet? What was your favorite article? Let me know!
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
“Friend” me on Facebook at “Brooklyn FitChick”
You Tube: “BrooklynFitChick1”