Brooklyn Fit Chick Vlog Episode 64
Featuring: Authentically Emmie in Ladies Home Journal, Skinny & Co. Coconut Oil Twitter Bash,
Eye Roast Recipes from The Domestic Man.com and a Leslie Sansone Super-Awesome DVD Giveaways!
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
How the heck are you all? This past week has been especially busy for me workwise so I have to keep it brief today but get to more Blogging and good times in the days to come. For now I want to get through a bit of news before I announce my first Leslie Sansone giveaways of the month! (You can win two rockin’ DVDs one of which comes with a toning band. Good stuff!)
But first—let me do a little housekeeping and share with you some of my news.
Brooklyn Fit Chick News:
- My friend Emmie of Authentically Emmie is featured in the December of Ladies Home Journal! That’s right, I know a famous person! Here is a link to her article http://authenticallyemmie.com/2013/11/emily-sandford-ladies-home-journal/. (So proud of this gal…) You can also follow her on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest as well. Do it!
- I am going to participate in a twitter chat this Wednesday, December 11th at 9 PM EST with Diets in Review and my new favorite brand of coconut oil–Skinny & Co Coconut Oil. OMG! This stuff is totally amazing! I have been cooking with it for a week now and the taste is sweet but not overwhelming plus it isn’t greasy to deal with. Huzzah! Be sure to follow us on Wednesday evening at the hashtag #SkinnyCoco (their twitter handle is @SkinnyCoco
- Below you will find details of my Leslie Sansone “Just Walk” DVD giveaways but in the meantime—can you visit The National Fitness Hall of Fame website and be sure to vote her in! She is a phenomenal instructor and deserves the recognition. You can cast your vote anytime between now and December 15th so stuff the ballot box, people!
- In the Vlog I mention the eye roast recipe from The Domestic Man.com. If you are looking for a yummy roast recipe— this is a pretty damn good one. LOVE IT! (My apologies to my Vegan peeps.)
Okay—now on to my Vlog which has some serious white trash Christmas light action going on!
Here are the details of the Leslie Sansone DVDs:
Walk and Tone for One Mile, Five Miles or Anything in Between with Leslie Sansone’s New “5 Mega Miles” DVD
Beverly Hills, CA – Leslie Sansone’s newest walking DVD provides a virtual fitness walking library in one DVD. “Leslie Sansone: 5 Mega Miles” comes packed with a resistance band and five different one mile walking and strengthening workouts from which to choose. There’s over an hour and 20 minutes of exercise options. This new DVD will be available in stores and on Amazon beginning September 3, 2013 for a suggested retail price of $16.98. With the help of America’s #1 Walking Expert, anyone can easily start on the road to a healthier life one step at a time.
The DVD begins with a five-minute warm-up. Mile 1 is a 15-minute classic low impact walk, using the most familiar steps at a comfortable pace. For those who want to step it up, boosted walk options are also available. Mile 2 is the Walk and Tone mile. While the feet keep moving at that same 15-minute mile pace, the toning band is added for upper body strength training. Mile 3 is a 13-minute speed interval mile. Here the pace quickens with more opportunities for gentle jogs, also known as boosted walking. Mile 4’s strength intervals bring back the band. Here it is used for standing sculpting intervals in-between brisk walk segments to help firm the entire body in just 13 minutes. Mile 5 is the Ab Walk. The feet never stop even though the focus moves to the core. A five-minute cool-down includes a moment to acknowledge the 140-pound weight loss of one of the many on-camera participants. During each mile the countdown clock appears at the ten-minute mark letting walkers know how much time is left to that mile.
And today’s second DVD to giveaway!
Leslie Sansone’s New “Walk it Off in 30 Days” DVD Gives You a Workout Plan You Can Live With!
Beverly Hills, CA – In just 30 minutes a day, six days a week, America’s #1 Walking Expert Leslie Sansone can get you on a fitness path that can last a lifetime. Walking is one of the easiest and most popular ways to get moving and stay in shape. The new “Leslie Sansone: Walk It Off in 30 Days” DVD provides a 30 minute cardio walk and 30 minute strength training session for a complete fitness plan. Alternate between the Burn 30 workout and Firm 30 workout six days a week for one month and the results will speak for themselves. The plan is simple and the moves are easy to follow. This new DVD is available in stores and on Amazon now for a suggested retail price of $14.98
Walking is one of the most beneficial forms of exercise for reducing disease and improving quality of life. With Leslie Sansone, you can walk inside your home so weather is never an obstacle. Every day is perfect for getting healthier and more fit. In addition, her moves don’t take up much space. With two complete workouts, both cardio and strength, in one DVD there’s no guesswork. Both workouts feature a large class setting and allow for the use of weights, if desired. Each workout includes a warm up and cool down stretch for maximum safety. The programs are designed to build lean muscle, drive the metabolism up and burn calories in a way that’s fun, supportive and so very do-able.
Here is a clip from “5 Mega Miles” so you can see her style for yourself.
In order to win these DVDs (Continental U.S. only!) you must do the following:
- Post a comment below (on this particular blog post).
- Tweet out your interest by saying “I want to win @LeslieWalks DVD @AnchorBayEnt from @BrooklynFitChik”
- Subscribe to my You Tube here (let me know if you are already subscribed!) http://www.youtube.com/user/BrooklynFitChick1
I will randomly pick one winner for both DVDs next Monday, December 16th at NOON eastern time and contact them directly. Good luck and enter as often as you like!
Until next time…
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: “BrooklynFitChik” (note the spelling!)
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1