Brooklyn Fit Chick Vlog Episode #82
EleVen by Venus, Gore Bike Wear from Terry Bicycles, Today Show Joy Bauer’s New Venture, Sweat Guru.com post and Fitbloggin’ Reminder
Plus: ELEMENT: YOGA FOR STRENGTH & FLEXIBILITY DVD Giveaway!
You can enter to win this DVD!
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
It’s a new week here in Brooklyn and I have so much to discuss today plus I have a new, totally rad giveaway Element: Yoga for Strength & Flexibility DVD so enough of my mindless chatter and let’s get to it, shall we?
- EleVen by Venus: I am happy to announce that I am now a brand ambassador for EleVen by Venus –as in Venus Williams, people! Will forward more details soon but let’s just say I am pretty excited to join this new brand and help them reach out to strong women everywhere.
- Gore Bike Wear from Terry Bicycles: I am also a brand ambassador for Terry Bicycles which is a top notch one-stop shopping paradise for women who love to spend their day on two wheels. They recently sent me a box of goodies which I will review for you all soon but wanted you all to know that I am now a HUGE fan of Gore Bike Wear. Terry sent me the Power Jacket and it is the best damn windbreaker I have ever worn in my life. It kept me cool when the sun was down and wicked away sweat when it got warmer and though snug fitting—never felt tight or constricting. LOVE IT!! If you need one jacket this summer for running, walking or cycling—get this one.
- Joy Bauer’s New Project: This past week I was on assignment for Fit Bottomed Girls and attended a swanky lunch at the Gramercy Park Hotel (tough life—amIright?) A group of us lucky individuals had the good fortune to meet Today’s top nutritionist Joy Bauer and let me tell y’all something—she is even more beautiful in person than you see on TV (and super nice!) Joy is heading up a new home delivery snack service called Nourish Snacks and I will post all the details soon. (In the meantime—I am enjoying yummy and healthy snacks for the next few weeks!)
- Xtend Barre Brooklyn Heights: I have a review of a new barre studio in Brooklyn up Sweat Guru.com if you are curious about checking out a new studio in this neighborhood.
- FitBloggin’ Speaking Date! Just a reminder that I am speaking again at this year’s Fitbloggin convention from June 26-29 in Savannah, Georgia and will heading up a small group discussion on how to pitch brands for ambassadorships and sponsorships. It’s scheduled for 8-9 am on Saturday morning which I know seems like a rough time for some people but let me sweeten your interest by telling you that Terry Bicycles will have a special giveaway to one lucky participant. (Hmmm—wonder what it will be?) So if you are attending FitBloggin please come and hang out with me!
- Elemet Yoga for Strength and Flexibility DVD:: Full details are listed below but please know that there will be one winner of this DVD set and they will be contacted by Anchor Bay Entertainment directly to get their prize. Anchor Bay is responsible for the DVD mailing and did not pay for this promotion. (Continental United States only, please!)
Now let’s get to this week’s Vlog:
Here are more details about this week’s giveaway:
Build Power and Suppleness Inside and Out with Ashley Turner’s New
‘ELEMENT: YOGA FOR STRENGTH & FLEXIBLITY DVD
BEVERLY HILLS, CA – Increase flexibility and strength in the mind, body and spirit right at home, anytime. Also learn how to meditate in the new “Element: Yoga for Strength & Flexibility” DVD. In this DVD, mind/body psychotherapist Ashley Turner gives the physical and mental cues to open anyone up to the full benefits of yoga. The DVD provides two practices, each about thirty minutes in length, plus a 7-minute guided meditation bonus. As with all Element videos, the spectacular setting overlooking the Pacific Ocean adds to the enjoyment. The DVD will be available in stores and on Amazon on September 24, 2013 from Anchor Bay Entertainment.
The Strength practice will leave you feeling powerful and in control, whether you’re in Warrior III or tackling whatever the day may bring. It improves endurance and focus in every sense. The Flexibility program will bring a sense of suppleness to the muscles, joints and thoughts. The Guided Meditation bonus is the first of its kind in the Element series. Turner provides a verbal path to follow towards deeper relaxation. It will help anyone to begin a meditation practice. According to WedMD, “meditation not only lowers blood pressure but also can amp up your immune system.”
Turner’s previously released “Element” DVDs have reached bestseller status. They have brought profound changes to many people. Ginger writes, “Since that first night I’ve done your DVD daily. I have not needed even one med for panic. I have not needed to medicate with chocolate either. My body actually seemed to crave greens.”
Tonya shared this, “I wanted to tell you that I bought your “Element: Yoga for Weight Loss” DVD in 2010. I have a thyroid problem as well as a “saying no to myself and others” problem. I lost around 60 pounds. Once I started feeling natural energy, it became easy to treat myself right.”
Lisa said, “I have many yoga DVDs, and have attended many classes over the years. Your DVD is – by far – the easiest routine to follow. I also feel happy during the session … it’s as though you’ve sprinkled some sort of magic-dust into that yoga session!”
No props are needed for these programs. None of the moves are complicated. The challenges come from the holding and releasing more than the postures themselves.
Ashley Turner is a Los Angeles-based yoga instructor with a master’s degree in counseling psychology with a concentration in depth (Jungian) psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute. She holds a private practice as a Marriage + Family Psychotherapy Registered Intern. Turner was formally trained in classical Ashtanga Yoga by Baba Hari Das (Mt. Madonna). She completed advanced Vinyasa training with Shiva Rea and has studied extensively with Sharon Gannon and David Life of Jivamukti Yoga, Mark Whitwell, Ram Dass and Krishna Das. Turner teaches at Exhale in Los Angeles, Pure Yoga in New York City and leads workshops all over the world. Named the “#2 Online Influencer for Stress Relief” by Sharecare.com, Turner’s clients have included Michelle Branch, Tony Horton and Pete Yorn.
About Anchor Bay Entertainment
Anchor Bay Entertainment is a leading home video distribution company. Anchor Bay distributes original programming content (Starz and AMC), feature films (The Weinstein Company, Anchor Bay Films, RADiUS-TWC), children’s entertainment, fitness (Anchor Bay Fitness), documentaries, anime (Manga Entertainment), and other filmed entertainment on DVD and Blu-ray™ formats. Headquartered in Beverly Hills, CA, Anchor Bay Entertainment has offices in Troy, MI, as well as Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia. Anchor Bay Entertainment (www.anchorbayentertainment.com) is a Starz (NASDAQ: STRZA, STRZB) business, www.starz.com.
Follow Anchor Bay’s fitness news on Facebook at Anchor Bay Entertainment: Fitness and on Twitter, @anchorbayentfit.
Here is a preview clip of the DVD.
If you want to win this giveaway you must do the following (Continental United States, please!)
- Post a comment below (on this post) letting me know you are interested.
- Post a comment on Twitter that says “I want to win the Element Yoga DVD from @AnchorBayEntFit from @brooklynfitchik”
- If you haven’t already—let me know you are subscribing to my You Tube channel
I will pick one winner at random on Tuesday, May 27th at NOON Eastern Time and contact them directly. Good luck and enter as often as you like!
Until next time…
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: “BrooklynFitChik” (note the spelling!)
Like My Facebook Page
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1