Brooklyn Fit Chick News & Notes
“Book vs Movie” Podcast — “The Godfather”
Fit Bottomed Girls “Tips for Your First SCUBA Dive”
The Amazing Ashley Judd Fights Online Trolls
Call-Out for Radio Station Ideas
“Bricolage” in Brooklyn
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
How are you all doing today? I have a whole bunch of news & notes to get you folks today and I will not waste a minute getting it to you. So with Spring fever hitting me like a rocket let’s just get to it!
Brooklyn Fit Chick News & Notes
- Book Vs Movie Podcast: My San Diego bud Margo Porras of Shes Nacho Mama’s Blog and I co-host a podcast called “Book Vs. Movie” and you can subscribe to us on iTunes with this link https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/bookvsmovies-podcast/id954110320?mt=2. After a couple of false starts (and a bout of the stomach flu) we finally got to record The Godfather episode which you can listen to right here—let me know what you think! (Get ready for our next episode–The Outsiders!)
- Tips for Your First SCUBA Dive: I have no idea what the weather is like by you but it is still fah-reeezing in my part of the world and Mama needs a vacation STAT! Recently I posted this article on Tips For Your First SCUBA Dive for Fit Bottomed Girls and I hope to actually use them this year! (Do any of you enjoy SCUBA diving? What are your favorite tips?)
- Ashley Judd—Internet Troll Fighter: I first became aware of Ashely Judd when she was a TV show I LOVED call Sisters (do any of y’all remember it?) Ashley is an intelligent, caring woman who when she’s not acting or doing showbizzy things prefers to travel the world on humanitarian efforts and actually try to effect positive change. Recently she was cheering on her beloved Kentucky Wildcats at the NCAA via Twitter and was subsequently received dozens of threatening tweets which she is looking to make a crime. Ashley is a feminist who cares how women are treated in our culture and wrote this amazing essay in 2012 talking about how women are devalued based on their appearance and not meeting the impossible expectations from the media. Anyhoo-she is my new hero and I am eager to see how she foghts against those horrible Internet trolls.
- Need Station Recommendations: Many of you know that I am a certified fitness instructor who loves to put her all into every playlist. The stations in my city are beyond terrible so I usually listen online radio stations around the country (and world!) What are some of YOUR favorite stations? I would love to check them out so feel free to list them below in the comments!
- Bricoloage in Park Slope: OMG you guys! A few weeks ago Edward and Lien Lin of The Slanted Door restaurant in San Francisco decided to pack their bags and open a new Vietnamese “gastro-pub” on Fifth Avenue and the wait to get a table has been crazy ever since. Like you have to show up at 6:00 pm for dinner or be prepared to wait an hour to sit. My good friend Laura of Vittles Vamp and me decided to check them out and my goodness—what a delight! Check out this review from the New York Daily News and if any of you ever want to meet up for a meal there in the future—I am IN!
That’s all I have for today—keep checking back for news, reviews and playlists aplenty!
(If you are reading this on a different site or a different feed than Brooklyn Fit Chick, it has been taken without permission.)
Until next time…
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: “BrooklynFitChik” (note the spelling!)
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1