Book Vs Movie
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (1947)
The Margos fight off the urge to daydream while we talk about the James Thurber short story The Secret Life of Walter Mitty and the 1947 adaptation starring Danny Kaye in the title role. Mitty is a character that loves to get lost in his thoughts and in the original story–he spends a day in Waterbury, Connecticut thinking of a few heroic episodes that star him and his incredible imagination.
The 1947 film takes place in New York City with Mitty being a magazine editor who daydreams while chasing a lovely Virginia Mayo. We have some thoughts about this particular adaptation.
So between the short story and the 1947 movie, which did we like better? Click on the link below to find out!
In this ep the Margos discuss:
- The life story of James Thurber
- The biggest differences between the short story and the 1947 film
- The cast includes Danny Kaye (Walter Mitty,) Virginia Mayo (Rosalind van Hoorn,) Boris Karloff (Dr. Hugo Hollingshead) and Fay Bainter (Mrs. Eunice Mitty.)
- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty trailer
- “The Anatole of Paris”
- “The Professor of Music”
- Outro music “The Professor of Music”
Join our Patreon page to help support the show! https://www.patreon.com/bookversusmovie
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at email@example.com
Brought to you by Audible.com You can sign up for a FREE 30-day trial here http://www.audible.com/?source_code=PDTGBPD060314004R
Margo D. @BrooklynFitChik www.brooklynfitchick.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Margo P. @ShesNachoMama https://coloniabook.weebly.com/