What a Creep
Season 7, Episode 6
Ira Einhorn aka “The Unicorn Killer”
Ira Einhorn was known as the pied piper of the Hippie movement in Philadelphia in the 1960s & 70s. He was embraced by the counterculture as well as local politicians. He was the person to know in Philadelphia if you wanted to mediate an issue. He claimed to be clued-in to the trends happening with the human mind 20 years into the future.
He was a part of the first Earth Day festival in 1970, was a hardcore environmentalist who ran “Sun Weeks” to celebrate solar energy. He was friends with CEOs and billionaires who were interested in his thoughts about the latest in computers, mind control, paranormal & psychic matters.
Ira was also an abusive narcissist who killed his girlfriend of five years, Holly Maddux in 1978, and managed to hide in France for several years before he was finally put away with a life sentence.
Trigger Warnings: Domestic Violence, murder, coercive control, smelly people, and delayed justice.
Our main sources for this episode:
- Ira Einhorn Wikipedia
- TV Movie “The Hunt for the Unicorn Killer” (1999 Starring Kevin Anderson & Naomi Watts)
- “The Unicorn’s Secret: Murder in the Age of Aquarius” by Steven Levy
- The Guardian (1999) “He Was Like a Guru, Like There, Have Never Been Gurus” by Jon Henley
- Esquire Magazine “A Touch of Eden” by Russ Baker (1999 & 2007)
- Philadelphia Inquirer Jailhouse Interview with Ira Einhorn 2011
- People Magazine special
- Philadelphia Magazine “No, Ira Einhorn Did Not Found Earth Day”
- Mug Shots: Ira Einhorn
- TV’s “Unsolved Mysteries”
Also, be sure to follow us on social media! But don’t follow us too closely … don’t be a creep about it!
- Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreepPod @CreepPod
- Facebook: Join the private group!
- Instagram @WhatACreepPodcast
- Visit our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/whatacreep
- Email: WhatACreepPodcast@gmail.com
- We’ve got merch here! https://whatacreeppodcast.threadless.com/#
- Our website is www.whatacreeppodcast.com
- Our logo was created by Claudia Gomez-Rodriguez follow her on Instagram @ClaudInCloud