What a Creep: Cullen Davis
Season 12, Episode 4
Texas-Sized, True Crime Creepiness
In the 1970s, Cullen Davis was one of the richest men ever charged for murder. He was so wealthy that he was able to outspend the entire State of Texas in his defense. Cullen was said to be the inspiration for JR Ewing of 80s hit TV show Dallas. He also (allegedly) was a cruel, mean, and violent man behind the doors of their mansion.
His acrimonious divorce from Priscilla Davis made all the papers, and on the night of August 2, 1976, he was charged with murdering her 12-year-old daughter, her new boyfriend (Stan Farr,) and injured two others. He was tried several times for different crimes and always seemed to buy his way out of trouble.
In this episode, we will explain why he is a Creep, try to bring some awareness to the true victims, and show how it was easy to buy justice back then.
Trigger Warnings: Murder, Sexual Assault, Domestic Abuse, and Animal Abuse.
Here’s how to help Texas:
- Donate to Texas food banks or Feeding Texas
- Mutual Aid Houston, Austin Mutual Aid and Feed the People Dallas provides shelter, food, and other supplies to families in need.
- Animals need help, too. Austin Pets Alive is a nonprofit shelter that works to keep the animals safe during freezing storms and massive heat waves.
- The Austin Area Urban League is a civil rights organization that helps Texas residents with emergency shelter, food, clothing, and other supplies.
Be sure to follow us on social media. But don’t follow us too closely … don’t be a creep about it!
- Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreepPod @CreepPod
- Facebook: Join the private group!
- Instagram @WhatACreepPodcast
- Visit our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/whatacreep
- Email: WhatACreepPodcast@gmail.com
- We’ve got merch here! https://whatacreeppodcast.threadless.com/#
- Our website is www.whatacreeppodcast.com
- Our logo was created by Claudia Gomez-Rodriguez. Follow her on Instagram @ClaudInCloud