Brooklyn Fit Chick Vlog Episode #79
Ladies Home Journal Closes, Boston Marathon Bib Sneaks, Tips for Your First Barre Class, Fitbloggin’ Sessions
Plus: Spark People DVD Giveaway!!
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
I was out and having me a grand old time last Sunday with my friend’s annual “Mexican Easter” celebration (there was drinking and piñatas involved) so I decided to wait until this week before posting another Vlog/Giveaway. Figured many of you would have spring breaks and whatnot to deal with but here we are and I am back ladies & gentleman!! So let’s go through my latest news and then get to gettin with a giveaway featuring one of my favorite instructors in the whole world Coach Nicole of SparkPeople who is expecting a baby this July! (Congrats Nicole!)
- Ladies Home Journal: Today I was hoping to celebrate being included as an expert for Ladies Home Journal magazine in their May issue (photo below) but instead I must pass along the news that the 130 year-old magazine is folding due to declining ad sales. So sorry to everyone who worked there and hope they all new work very soon. (I have been through a couple of magazine closings and they are brutal!)
- Boston Marathon Bib Sneaks UGH! This story makes me blood boil. Apparently people will buy counterfeit race bibs so they can compete in marathons that they did not qualify for which is crappy enough but these two entitled creeps (Foursquare CEO Dennis Crowley and his Blogger Wife Chelsa) decided that even though she did not qualify this year—they would steal someone else’s number in order for the two of them can run the race together. (They missed out finishing together last year due to the bombing.) I can almost think it is romantic and sweet they wanted to be together that day but the fact is—stealing someone else’s number (and it IS stealing) is just plain wrong.
- Tips for Your First Barre Class: On to a happier topic—here is a little piece I wrote for Fit Bottomed Girls asking the experts on what you need to do before trying out your first barre class. It came out pretty nifty I must say!
- FitBloggin’ Speaking Date: I am once again attending the FitBloggin conference that takes place June 26-29 this year in Savannah, Georgia! I will also be heading up a small group discussion on how to pitch brands for ambassadorships and sponsorships. So it is 8-9 am on Saturday morning but rumor has it that Terry Bicycles will have a special giveaway to one lucky participant. (Hmmm—wonder what it will be?) So if you are attending FitBloggin please consider getting up early Saturday and hanging out with me. I’m funny, informed and will have a prize!
- SparkPeople DVD Giveaway: If you want to win TWO workout DVDs to get a head start on summer—check out my giveaway below. There will be one winner of this double DVD set and they will be contacted by Acacia TV directly to get their prize. Acacia is responsible for the DVD mailing and did not pay for this promotion. (Continental United States only, please!)
Now let’s get to this week’s Vlog:
Here are more details about this week’s SparkPeople Workout DVD Giveaway:
SPARKPEOPLE WORKOUTS (2-DVD Set)
With Coach Nicole
Value-priced collection of the #1 health and food website’s best-selling workout DVDs;
7 efficient interval workouts to slim down and tone up, plus several tips and bonus workout plans for all levels
SILVER SPRING, Md – Now is the perfect time to try the hit workout DVDs from SparkPeople, America’s #1 diet and weight loss site with more than 15 million members. The value-priced collection SparkPeople Workouts(2-DVD Set) arrives on DVD on May 13, 2014from Acacia, an RLJ Entertainment, Inc. brand. Every month, millions of people visit SparkPeople.com for help reaching their fitness goals. Now you can join SparkPeople’s popular editor-in-chief and trainer Coach Nicole for these two complete, critically-acclaimed programs (28-Day Boot Camp and Total Body Sculpting), featuring seven incredibly efficient interval workouts. Three trainers demonstrate beginner, intermediate, and advanced versions so you can tailor your workout to your fitness level. You’ll burn calories, trim extra inches, build lean muscle, and gain strength and confidence—with Coach Nicole providing inspiration and support ($24.99; Approx. 153 min., plus several bonus features; AcaciaLifestyle.com). The workouts are also available on Acacia TV, the new fitness streaming channel hosted by Coach Nicole at AcaciaLifestyle.com/tv (press access is available upon request).
INCLUDES TWO FULL-LENGTH PROGRAMS:
28-Day Boot Camp: Coach Nicole leads four fat-blasting, calorie-torching workoutswith her trademark enthusiasm and positive energy. With a clickable, user-friendly 28-day calendar, this four-week plan features high-energy cardio intervals and full-body toning exercises to burn more fat in less time. Pick from 12-, 20-, and 30-minute segments to customize your workout every day.
Total-Body Sculpting: Three workouts—a ballet-inspired barre routine, an equipment-free fat blaster, and a heart-pumping dumbbell workout—provide fat-burning cardio and multi-joint strength exercises to get results quickly. Includes interactive workout calendar.
A certified personal trainer and exercise instructor, Nicole Nichols helps people of all skill levels make fitness a fun part of their daily lives. Her online videos have been viewed more than 20 million times, making her one of the most-watched exercise instructors on the web.
BONUS: 2-week workouts plans for beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels; Three tricks to burn more fat and two must-do moves for a better butt; Seated abs exercises and sneaky leg toners you can do at work; Select recipes from The SparkPeople Cookbook; Access to FREE meal plans and SparkPeople’s online workout club!
Street Date: May 13, 2014 SRP: $24.99 Equipment needed: light hand weights, a mat, and a chair
DVD 2-Disc Set: 2 programs – Approx. 153 min., plus bonus – UPC 0-54961-2242-9-6
Here is a clip of Coach Nicole in action.
If you want to win this giveaway you must do the following (Continental United States only, please!)
- Post a comment below (on this post) letting me know you are interested.
- Post a comment on Twitter that says “I want to win @SparkPeople DVDs with @CoachNicole from @brooklynfitchik”
- If you haven’t already—let me know you are subscribing to my You Tube channel
I will pick one winner at random on Monday, May 5th at NOON Eastern Time and contact them directly. Good luck and enter as often as you like!
Until next time…
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: “BrooklynFitChik” (note the spelling!)
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1