Book Vs Movie
The 1990 nonfiction by the legendary author, director, and producer Michael Crichton
Vs the 1993 Steven Spielberg Blockbuster Film
Plus, The Margos pick their “Top 5 Steven Spielberg Properties”
Bring on the special, practical effects (with little CGI, please) because the Margos redo one of their more polarizing takes on a project created by two world-class geniuses–Michael Crichton and his good friend Steven Spielberg. Amazingly, Crichton came up with the original concept in the early 1980s and it took several drafts to create the novel that would be known as Jurassic Park.
At the time (1990) it was a publishing sensation, and Steven Spielberg was smart enough to grab the rights at $2 million. The film, which came out in June 1993, was a mega hit right from the start and it remains a cable TV staple to this day.
So between the book and movie–which did the Margos like better? Guys–it ain’t even close here. Check out the link below to hear our take on both.
Also, in this replay ep, the Margos the Margos pick their “Top 5 Steven Spielberg Productions” with the kicker being–they have not been covered on our show yet.
In this ep the Margos discuss :
- The fascinating life story of Michael Crichton
- The friendship between him and director Steven Spielberg
- The annoying kids featured in the book (Ugh–the dialog is brutal!)
- The cast of the movie including Laura Dern, Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum and Sir Richard Attenborough.
- The box office records the movie broke
- Plus, tons of trivia and tidbits
- News clip from KTVU-TV (San Francisco) the day the movie opened
- Jurassic Park trailer
- The first sight of the dinosaurs
- “Lexi” (Ariana Richards) and “Tim” (Joseph Mozello) meet the T-Rex
- “The blood-sucking lawyer (Martin Ferrero) approves”
- The kids in the kitchen with the Raptors (the importance of sound design in this film)
- Outro Music “Jurassic Park Theme” John Williams
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at email@example.com
Brought to you by Audible.com You can sign up for a FREE 30-day trial here http://www.audible.com/?source_code=PDTGBPD060314004R
Margo D. @BrooklynFitChik www.brooklynfitchick.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Margo P. @ShesNachoMama http://thechingonahomesteader.weebly.com/