Brooklyn Fit Chick News & Notes Vlog 109
“Book vs Movie” Podcast The Godfather
“Smoking Hot Bob Harper’s Black Fire Workout”
The Art of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
Plus: The BarreAmped Cardio Fat Burn DVD Giveaway
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
It’s winter here in Brooklyn but my spirits are bright. As some of you may know—my sweet Tuxedo cat “T” has had some behavioral issues which I have had to address. So far she is responding well to her medicine which is a big relief for me. Dealing with the chaos of her health issues has caused me to look at my life in a very direct way (which is not my favorite thing, for sure.)
I have decided that I have been inviting unrest and anxiety into my life and need to shut it down NOW. I will go into it later in the Vlog but let just say—it is never too early to begin “Spring Cleaning!”
So in today’s “News & Notes” a few things happening in my life and in the Vlog I talk about how you can enter to win a very cool DVD. Yes—you have to actually watch the Vlog in order to have a chance to win. I will keep short & sweet—promise!
Brooklyn Fit Chick News & Notes/Vlog 109:
- Book Vs Movie Podcast News: Margo Porras of Shes Nacho Mama’s Blog and I are having a ball working on our podcast “Book Vs. Movie” and our next episode should be pretty amazing—The Godfather! If you have never read the book from Mario Puzo you need to right away. It is a HOOT and a holler. In the meantime would you be so kind as to like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter @bookversusmovie? Also, let us know which books & films you would like us to cover! (Merci!)
- Smoking Hot Bob Harper: I am lucky to call myself a “Fit Bottomed Girl” who gets to cover special events in New York City on behalf of them (score!) A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to attend a workout created by Bob Harper for Daily Burn.com and wrote all about it in this post right here. Let me say this—the man is as super sexy in real life as he is on TV. (Swoon!)
- “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” by Marie Kondo: Several events in my life over the past year or so have made me terribly stressed and anxious so it was with great interest to me when my good friend recommended this Marie Kondo book as a way to find more peace and serenity in my everyday life. Kondo is a “Japanese Cleaning Consultant” who advises people to surround their homes with things that bring them joy. If you look at any item in your place and it does not give you “joy” (say a pair of ill-fitting jeans or a picture of someone you no longer care about) then you need to just let it go. I took her advice quite literally by giving away over 90% of my CD/Music collection in one fell swoop. I am not working through my bedroom and throwing old socks and crummy yoga pants with absolute glee. I recommend highly you get this book!
- Barre Amped “Cardio Fat Burn” Giveaway: This week I am giving away a totally amazing DVD from ace instructor Suzanne Bowen (suzannebowenfitness.com) and if you want to win you have to actually view my Vlog post below because I am giving a special instruction that you need to follow in order when you post a comment. This giveaway is not sponsored and is open to the Continental U.S. only (Sorry Canadians!)
Now on to this week’s Vlog and giveaway details:
More Information about the Suzanne Bowen “Barre Amped” Giveaway:
SUZANNE BOWEN FITNESS RELEASES NEW DVD
BarreAmped CARDIO FAT BURN
Panama City Beach, FL, February 4, 2015– Fitness and lifestyle expert Suzanne Bowen, creator of Suzanne Bowen Fitness (#SBF) www.suzannebowenfitness, a top streaming website for workout videos and nutrition advice, has just released her new BarreAmped Cardio Fat Burn workout on DVD (www.barreamped.com 84 minutes $19.99.) Suzanne’s signature BarreAmped is a proven, results oriented, body shaping barre program that is a combination of dance, Pilates, yoga, and Bowen’s classical Lotte Berk training. It is Classic Barre meets Extreme Results.
BarreAmped Cardio Fat Burn takes participants to a new fitness level, elevating the heart rate to burn fat using high intensity intervals combined with body changing barre exercises. Viewers will do Tabata style workouts, longer cardio intervals, low impact fat blasts, and sculpting exercises to hit every main muscle and #ShakeToChange.
BarreAmped Cardio Fat Burn (84 minutes, $19.99) is divided into sections so viewers can do the entire full workout or mix and match the segments to change it up. The DVD has a two minute introduction; two minute warm up; extreme cardio fat burn (26 minutes); Cardio sculpt (17 minutes); Cardio core (17 minutes); and a twelve minute cool down stretch. The purchase of the DVD includes a free 1 month membership of streaming barre workouts at www.suzannebowenfitness.com.
As with all of her DVDs, Suzanne connects with viewers and leads the workout through a challenging, but doable workout segments in her encouraging and energetic signature style of teaching as she shows modifications and variations.
Facebook: Suzanne Bowen Fitness
If you want to win the BarreAmped DVD featured in the Vlog you must do the following (Continental United States only, please!)
- Post a comment below (on this post) letting me know you are interested. (Watch the video to know what to write about there!)
- Send a comment on Twitter and say “I want to win the BarreAmped DVD @suzannecbowen from @brooklynfitchik”
- If you haven’t already—let me know you are subscribing to my You Tube channel
I will pick one winner at random on Monday, March 9, 2015 at NOON Eastern Time and contact them directly. Good luck!
(If you are reading this on a different site or a different feed than Brooklyn Fit Chick, it has been taken without permission.)
Until next time…
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: “BrooklynFitChik” (note the spelling!)
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1