Brooklyn Fit Chick Vlog Episode 54
The “Brooklyn Fit Chick 5 Things to Forward To in October” Edition
NYC F/N Pop-Up Event, Against All Grain by Danielle Walker, Fitwalker Classes, Balega Socks
& the Affordable Care Act (Yikes!)
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
It’s a new week and I am getting excited about October. Why? Mainly because I will be officially ending my second Paleo/Whole 30 challenge on October 1st –can I get an Amen?!
This time was so much easier for me than last year as I mainly do live a Paleo/Primal lifestyle and keep grains and dairy out of my diet. However, this past summer I felt as if I indulged a bit too much in red wine, fruity drinks and fattening meals and wanted to “right the ship” so to speak. So the past 30 days I have lived completely Paleo and abstained from all processed foods, dairy, sugar, grains and alcohol. The one vice I have not given up is coffee but you do NOT want to see me without coffee. I refuse to go without my caffeine fix in the mornings and will not apologize for that.
And now here we are—on the cusp of October with beautiful, crisp weather and a season of delights to look forward to over the next few weeks. So today I just wanted to give a shout-out to all of the things I am looking forward to this coming month.
Brooklyn Fit Chick 5 Things to Look Forward to in October:
- NYC F/N Pop-Up Fitness Event: My awesome fellow Sweaty Betty Claudette Wilkins of the amazing gluten-free treats Cavegirl Confections will be joining two of her fellow badass fitness babes @jazzythings and Krissy Mae Cagney (http://kmaecags.com/) for a popup fitness event (F/N Popup Event) to take place in NYC from October 25-27. There will be bootcamps in Central Park and healthy cooking classes in hell’s Kitchen—cool! Click on this link to get more details and purchase tickets; http://kmaecags.com/events-view/new-york-city-event/ I plan to drop by if that gives you any encouragement!
- Danielle Walker “Against All Grain”: After finishing my Whole 30 on September 30th (boo-rah!) I plan to now enjoy some yummy recipes from Danielle Walker’s newest cookbook Against All Grain.
- Fitwalker class at Superstar Gym in Tribeca: In the next few weeks I am putting together a group of NYC fit chicks to join me for a Fitwalker class at Superstar gym here in NYC. What is Fitwalker you ask? Well I am going to write about them in full for Fit Bottomed Girls but try to imagine taking a cardio/body sculpting class on a treadmill that you have to power on your own. That’s right—there is no electricity to power the machine—just the power of your legs to get it in motion. (If you are a fit blogger in NYC—let me know if you want to take a class with me at Superstar gym!)
- Balega Socks: The good people at Balega sent me a few items to try out (they are well-loved in the running community of their blister-free socks) and I can’t wait to road test them on my bike this coming weekend. Bring it!
- Signing up for the Affordable Care Act: Like many folks—my employer decided to not provide health insurance options for instructors who teach less than 30 hours per week so I now need to sign up for insurance through the Affordable Care Act. If you need more information—try the official Affordable Care Act web site. (Hoping there is no government shut down…)
Now onto this week’s Vlog post:
Okay—that is it for me today. Talk to you all next week where I hope to have my giveaways back in motion. Later!
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: “BrooklynFitChik” (note the spelling!)
Friend me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick”
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1