Brooklyn Fit Chick Vlog Episode 36
Featuring: The “Dry Down” Jack Black Giveaway
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
Today, as I am typing this post, it is Mother’s Day so first want to wish all of you Moms out there a “Happy Day” and thank you for your service to mankind. I am a mother of two furry babies and could not imagine all of the work involved in raising a real-live human being so kudos to all of you who date to try. (Except for that mother in Park Slope who asked me to explain to her 4 year-old son he was not allowed to join in the adult fitness classes because “he doesn’t really listen to me.”) You Madam, needn’t have bothered.
Today I am aiming for a super, quick Vlog cast and announcing my latest giveaway. So let’s get to gettin’, shall we?
Featured on my Vlog this week:
- The Fitness magazine “Meet & Tweet” event set for this week in New York City.
- The second most important book in my life right now: VJ: The Unplugged Avdentures of MTV’s First Wave I bought this for my kindle two days ago and cannot stop myself from reading and rereading it. If you have any affection for 80s MTV—you will love this book. By the way—for those of you who do read it, a woman names Liz Nealon is mentioned fondly several times as a well-respected colleague of the former VJs. She happens to be a friend of mine with some of the best stories in the world. Really!
- I forgot to mention (dammit!) that the author of the VJ book is Gavin Edwards in the Vlog post. (Sorry Gavin Edwards!) Here is a link to all of his fun, pop culture and music-based books. Amazon.com: Gavin Edwards. He is a great writer—you should check out his work.
- The most important book to come out in the last week or so is the third from my very best friend Deborah Rae Cota The Traveler (available in paperback and on Kindle & Nook!) Deborah and I have been friends for over 20 years and she loves to write about fantastical beings with incredible powers and her story telling is top notch. So after you get the MTV book go out and support and independent author who kicks serious ass!
- My giveaway of Jack’s Dry Down Friction-Free Powder which I know some of you runners and cyclists would LOVE to get your hands on.
Now let’s check out today’s Vlog post!
Here is the official information about Jack’s Dry Down Friction-Free Powder:
Jack’s Dry Down™ Friction-Free Powder
Introducing Jack’s Dry Down™, a friction-free powder that prevents chafing and enhances comfort during workouts. Ultra fine and talc-free, the formula quickly absorbs moisture, to offer exceptional protection from friction and irritation. Containing Lavender, Pure Corn Starch and Organic Green Tea to soothe and refresh skin, Jack’s Dry Down™ provides refreshing comfort in the most demanding environments. Perfect for today’s active lifestyles, Jack’s Dry Down™ provides southern comfort when it’s needed most.
The PureScience® formula locks in nature’s best – using healing botanicals, vitamins and certified organic ingredients and formulated without parabens, sulfates, fragrance or colorants. Products are cruelty-free, vegan and dermatologist-tested.
– Pure Cornstarch: Starch from the corn grain; offers exceptional moisture absorption. The silky, refined texture helps prevent friction for maximum comfort
– Organic Green Tea: Derived from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant; a potent antioxidant with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties
– Organic Cucumber: A nourishing fruit with natural moisture-binding, moisture-regulating and anti-itching and refreshing properties
– Lavender: A botanical with anti-bacterial and soothing properties
– Use prior to workout or sports to enhance comfort and protect body’s sensitive areas from chaffing and irritation
– Use anytime for superior natural protection from moisture, all day-dryness and long-lasting freshness
Price: $18.00 (6 oz shaker canister)
Availability: Jack’s Dry Down™ Friction-Free Powder is available at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, Sephora.com, Saks Fifth Avenue and at www.getjackblack.com
If you are interested in winning Jack’s Dry Down (Continental U.S. Only!) Please do the following:
- Post a comment on my Blog below (very important!)
- Tweet out your interest in this giveaway to me at my Twitter handle @BrooklynFitChik (note the spelling!)
- Also Tweet out to their twitter account @getjackblack
I will randomly pick a winner next Monday, May 20th at Noon (Eastern) and contact them directly. Good luck!!
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: “BrooklynFitChik” (note the spelling!)
Friend me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1