Book Vs Movie (Replay)
The Margos Leave the Gun and Take the Cannolis in this Ep
We are here to make an offer you can’t refuse–a redo of Mario Puzo’s The Godfather. The Margos originally covered this book and movies (well, really movies) three years ago when we were both fighting the flu. The result was kind of a meandering mess which we have always been embarrassed by vowed to redo one day as the material calls for nothing less than our best efforts.
This episode is a reflection of our years of fondness for the material and how far we have come along as podcasters. The 1969 novel by Puzo is a real treat to discuss and who doesn’t love talking about Marlon Brando and Al Pacino? You can listen to the episode in the link below.
In this ep the Margos discuss :
- The backstory of author Mario Puzo and why he felt compelled to tell the story about a mafia family even though he had no expertise on the subject.
- The many, many ways the book is different from the two movies it is based on.
- Why Francis Ford Coppola has such a complicated history with these films.
- The cast of the movie including Al Pacino, Marlon Brando, James Caan, Robert DeNiro, Talia Shire, Robert Duvall, and Diane Keaton.
- Our favorite scenes from both films
- Plus, movie trivia and more!
- Author Mario Puzo & Screenwriter Francis Ford Coppola talk about The Godfather script
- The Godfather trailer
- Don Corleone (Marlon Brando) making deals on his daughter’s wedding day
- Moe Green (Alex Rocco) with Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) and Fredo Corleone (John Cazale)
- Outro Music “Theme to the Godfather” Carmine Coppola
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brought to you by Audible.com You can sign up for a FREE 30-day trial here http://www.audible.com/?source_code=PDTGBPD060314004R
Margo D. @BrooklynFitChik www.brooklynfitchick.com email@example.com
Margo P. @ShesNachoMama http://thechingonahomesteader.weebly.com/