Brooklyn Fit Chick Vlog: Episode #91
“Book vs. Movie” Podcast Ep 1 (&2!), “Blonde Vegan” Goes Rogue, Venus Williams and The Greatest Dance Clip of the Week
Plus: Jennifer Cohen Strong is the New Skinny Preview
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
How are you all doing today? I have so much news to talk about today that I can hardly contain myself so I will just dive right in with the highlights and then preview for my next giveaway—Strong is the New Skinny by awesome trainer Jennifer Cohen. Wee!
- Book vs. Movie Episode 1: So excited to announce that Margo of She’s Nacho Mama Podcast and I have launched our first podcast Book vs Movie. Last Friday we aired our first episode talking about both the film & movie version of Midnight In the Garden of Good & Evil (Kevin Spacey played him in the utterly forgettable Clint Eastwood film.) We had a total blast and lost all track of time so we are recording part 2 this very week. Our hope is to get a few episodes in the can so we can have them available in iTunes. If you are our friend—please listen to us online at Blog talk radio in the meantime and please ‘like” our Facebook page. Check out my Vlog below to find out our next book/movie choice. (Hint, hint—get your little black dress ready for fun!)
- The Blonde Vegan Changes Her Tune: I am NOT a vegan and happily get my protein from sustainable responsible meat vendors but I also follow a great many Vegan people on Facebook & Twitter as they are usually animal lovers and I am a fan of the furry critters. Anyhoo—I was fascinated by the following post by Blogger Jordan of The Blonde Vegan who is absconding from the meat-free/pro-juicer lifestyle as it is causing her to suffer from Orthorexia which is a type of eating disorder where a person has an obsession with being “healthy.” To the point that they are not living happiest lives. I am not doing her justice (sorry Jordan!) please just read her post!
- Eleven by Venus: So last week I had a very cool thing happen where I got to meet many of my fellow ambassadors for Venus Williams’ fashion/fitness line EleVen by Venus via a conference call and guess who was on the line with us—VENUS!!! I was so gaga when she greeted us that I squealed like a child. We had a special advanced look at their upcoming winter and spring collections and let’s just say my bank account is going to take a hit from it!
- Jennifer Cohen Skinny is the New Strong Giveaway: Check out the Vlog below to get a gander at this week’s giveaway which will go live tomorrow. Skinny is the New Strong is a fitness book from rock-star trainer Jennifer Cohen and it does not even go on sale until September but you can win a copy from me—stay tuned for the details coming tomorrow.
- The Greatest Dance Video of the Week: I don’t know about you guys but I love me some Buzzfeed.com to check out the latest silly clips on the Internet that I should nto miss and this one featuring a “90s” tribute dancer is one of the best things I have seen in a long time. Pump up the jams people!!
Now on to this week’s Vlog!
Got that? So tomorrow I will post the full details of the book giveaway—good luck! Thanks so much for checking back here!
Until next time…
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: “BrooklynFitChik” (note the spelling!)
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1