Brooklyn Fit Chick Vlog Episode 50
The “I Had Me a Great Time on Vacation” and “Back to Whole 30” Edition
Featuring Classes from Bari Studio, Physique 57, the Fhitting Room and Moksha Yoga
The Bari Studio SoHo
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
How is everyone? I am feeling fit & fabulous after enjoying a solid week of rest and relaxation. Is there anything better than that? I think not and am ready to get back to my life which includes Blogging and Vlogging for all of you nice folks. Yay!
So how did I spend my week? Instead of working my day job, teaching or training I decided to go out there and try some classes out there that have always intrigued me and enjoy being a student for a change. So without further ado (well, there may be more ado about them in a future article for Fit Bottomed Girls so stay tuned!) here is a quick summation of the classes I was able to take this week.
- First up we have Bari Studio in Soho where I tried out “Bari Micro”—a very cool 60-minute class where the focus was on the smaller muscles around your body. Really challenging and fun to try out. (See photo of the Soho studio above.)
- Next I finally had the time to check out the celebrated “barre” class Physique 57 which completely kicked my booty. (Apparently Kelly Ripa is a big fan of the workout.)
- The Fhitting Room is an Upper East Side High Interval Intensity Training Studio (HIIT) that is a big hit among NYC fitness editors so I knew I had to try them out for myself. Not sure how I made it through the whole hour but I will for sure come back (Thanks so much @erocfitness and @drossfit!)
- Finally I decided to get a major sweat going with Moska Yoga NYC which is a fast-rising yoga studio movement which emphasizes kindness to both the participants and the environment. My good friend Marrilee Wilson studies at their Halifax studio and turned me on to their classes. (I just could not stomach the idea of Bikram yoga which also believes in a hot room to practice but is WAY too strict for my taste.
Whew! It was a tough week but like I said, it was so nice as an instructor to play the role of an eager student and take my game to a higher level in my own classes. (Thanks to all of you fantastic instructors this past week!)
So now that summer is on the wane and I have been indulging in a little too much “not Paleo” food and wine the last few months I have decided to start a whole new “Whole 30” month starting today. Hooray! This means I will follow Robb Wolf’s Paleo Solution plan for the next 30 days and will NOT indulge in:
- Processed food (nothing that comes out of a box or a bag)
- Sugars (except from fruit)
- Any kind of dairy
- Wheat, gluten or grain
- Wine (boo!)
If you want to follow along on my adventure be sure to check me out on Instagram where I will post my day’s meals. (Or if you just want to see photos of some of the cutest cats you have ever seen in your entire life!!! (Really.)
Lastly I want to thank Danny J. of The Sweaty Betties who featured me as an “Ambassador Spotlight” this past week. (And if any of you wouldn’t mind retweeting it I would be most grateful!
Now onto this week’s Vlog post:
Okay—that is it for me today. This week Brooklyn Fit Chick is back up and running and I am looking forward to getting healthy this fall with all of you lovely people!
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: “BrooklynFitChik” (note the spelling!)
Friend me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1