Not Fade Away
Episode 9: Christopher McKittrick
“Can’t Give It Away on Seventh Avenue: The Rolling Stones in New York City“
Hey there! Hi There! Ho there!
The Not Fade Away podcast visiting The Rolling Stones once again but this time we are moving from 1969 concert at Altamont to the Stones’ crazy years in New York City in the 60s,70s & 80s. Author Christopher McKittrick’s new book Can’t Give it Away on Seventh Avenue: The Rolling Stones in New York City is an homage to the band and the city which seems like their second home.
In this episode, Chris (as he liked to be called) and I talk about:
- His inspiration for writing the book and what myths he was able to uncover
- The impact New York City has had on The Rolling Stones and vice versa
- Why the Stones have maintained their popularity for 50+ years
- The process of writing and researching the book
- His favorite Stones song and what he hopes to hear them play live one day
- The Stones early videos in the MTV days
Follow him here Website: www.chrismckit.com
Clips used or mentioned in this episode:
- TheRollingStones played on a flatbed truck through NYC
- The Rolling Stones IMAX trailer
- The Rolling Stones Waiting on a Friend video
- The Rolling Stones Start Me Up video
- The Rolling Stones on The Ed Sullivan Show
Also, subscribe to the show so you won’t miss my next episode!
If you like what you hear–please subscribe and leave a review. Also–send me a note via social media (@NotFadeAway) if you want to reach out.
Thanks for checking out this podcast! If you have any suggestions for future eps–please reach out!
In the meantime–follow me on social media!
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/notfadeawaypodcast/
Twitter @NotFadeAwayPod https://twitter.com/NotFadeAwayPod
Email us at email@example.com
Margo D. @BrooklynFitChik www.brooklynfitchick.com