What Have We Learned This Month? @BicyclingMag @FitnessRXWomen @MandFHers @IFBBMonaMuresan #Sweatpink 4
What Did We Learn This Month?
Recaps of Bicycling, FitnessRX for Women and Muscle & Fitness Hers
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
There is a crispness in the air that says “Hey Honey, how about a little autumn for ya?” Love it! Every year at this time I feel some sadness about summer leaving us all behind and then I remember that Septmeber is one of the raddest months of the year. You can still walk around without a jacket most of the time and yummy foods like pumpkin and acorn squash come into season. What’s not to love about it?
Anyhoo—I have a batch of new magazines to recap today so let us get to it now, shall we?
Bicycling: October 2013
- “Powered by Plants” As a primal/Paleo eater I know I am the natural enemy of vegans everywhere so wanting to demonstrate that I can listen to the other side and consider what those veggie heads consume every day instead of animal products. Not sold on “fortified breakfast cereals” however.
- “Go Back in Time” Super-tweedy rides are popping all over the country this time of the year and I for one applaud that. Go you chic bike riders!
- “While You Were Out Riding, Bike Advocacy Became Cool” “Eight Innovators” who are helping cycling be more safe (and cool.) Yay them!
- “’Cross Wise” Super cute gear for your next cyclocross race.
- “10-Minute Bone-Boosting Workout” Really great core moves from exercise physiologist Allison Westfahl.
Check out Bicycling online here: www.bicycling.com
FitnessRX for Women: October 2013
- Karina Smirnoff: The Dancing With the Stars celeb offers her own diet & fitness routine that makes her look as stunning as she does on the cover of this issue.
- “Get on Track” IFBB Champions Ashley Kaltwasser and Justine Munro are photographed for the “stadium” workout you can take to the track.
- “Flat Abs and Shapely, Sexy Legs: Prague Bikini Champion Vladka Krasnova is the model for this workout you can tear out and take to the gym.
- “Armed for Fall” IFBB Bikini pro Juliana Daniell shows us a high intensity resistance training program meant to define the upper body.
Check out FitnessRX for Women online www.fitnessrxwomen.com
Muscle & Fitness Hers: September/October 2013
- “Must-Try Move…Gorgeous Hamstrings” Advice on how to make your hammies look awesome from Nicole Wilkins (IFBB Figure Pro,) Jessie Hilgenberg (IFBB Figure Pro) and Ariella Palumbo (NPC Physique Competitor.)
- Mona Muresan: The Muscle & Fitness Hers editor in chief not only graces the cover but also is in side this issue with a kick butt workout. Color me happy!
- “Fit for the Fast Lane” Unbelievably cute gear with pink trim—bring it on!
- “12 Turbocharged Fat-Fighting Secrets” Three top pros give their best advice for dropping extra pounds in a hurry.
- “The Ultimate Arm Assault” If you are looking to up your arm routine—try this routine from IFBB Bikini Pro Juliana Daniell. (She is very popular this month!)
- Coco Austin: Ice-T’s wife is interviewed for her newest venture Peepshow. Gaw—I love Coco!
Check out Muscle & Fitness Hers online here: www.muscleandfitnessher.com
That’s all for me today. Let me know what you are reading this month!
Until next time!
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: “BrooklynFitChik” (note the spelling!)
Friend me on Facebook: “Brooklyn FitChick”
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1