Book Vs. Movie Podcast
“How the Grinch Stole Christmas” by Dr. Seuss
The 1957 Children’s Classic Vs. The 1966 TV special & the 2000 Ron Howard-Directed Film
The Margos get into the holiday spirit talking about the all-time holiday favorite “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” by Dr. Seuss. In this episode we explore the differences between 1957 children’s classic book and the two filmed properties of it (the 1966 TV classic and the 2000 rowdy Jim Carey version.
Topics we cover here:
- The back story of Theodore Seuss Geisel and his less than cheery view of children
- Figuring out who John Ford, Tom Ford and Glenn Ford really are
- His San Diego roots
- Dr. Seuss’s left-leaning politics
- The thinking behind the story of the Grinch
- The voice actors in the TV special
- How Jim Carey won the part
- The 8-hour grueling makeup sessions
- The insane art direction in the movie (The Margos are NOT fans)
- Taylor Momson’s wonderful performance
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at [email protected]
Donate to our show at Patreon.com/bookversusmovie
Every $25 donation?we will cover your book/movie of your choosing!
Margo D. @BrooklynFitChik www.brooklynfitchick.com [email protected]
Margo P. @ShesNachoMama www.shesnachomamasblog.com
Check out this NEW episode of Book Vs. Movie!