What a Creep: Jamie Spears, Justin Timberlake & Diane Sawyer
Season 9, Episode 9
We have a saying here at “What a Creep”–we definitely have a schedule for our shows. And we are more than happy to move things around when the world is indicating for us to do so.
The Hulu/FX documentary “Framing Britney Spears” created such a need in both of us to talk about the state of her father’s control over her entire life. Since 2008, her father, Jamie Spears, has taken control over everything from her health decisions, to work schedules to the care of her two children.
Apparently, Britney has not seen the documentary but is planning to release her own which brings us total glee!
Trigger warnings: Mental health, misogyny, and Justin Timberlake.
Sources used in this episode:
- New York Times
- The Independent Diane Sawyer Interview
- ET “Britney Spears responds to video”
- Rolling Stone “Britney’s BF calls Jamie Spears a dick”
- CNN “Britney Spears’ fans want Justin Timberlake to apologize”
- Yahoo “2008 Family Feud clip”
- BuzzFeed “20 Times Justin Timberlake was Problematic”
- Deadline Craig Ferguson’s TV Monologue
Be sure to follow us on social media! But don’t follow us too closely … don’t be a creep about it!
- Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreepPod @CreepPod
- Facebook: Join the private group!
- Instagram @WhatACreepPodcast
- Visit our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/whatacreep
- Email: [email protected]
- We’ve got merch here! https://whatacreeppodcast.threadless.com/#
- Our website is www.whatacreeppodcast.com
- Our logo was created by Claudia Gomez-Rodriguez follow her on Instagram @ClaudInCloud