What a Creep: Hugh Hefner
Season 14, Episode 10
Playboy Founder & Creep
Listen to the episode at this link!
On September 17, 2017, Hugh Marston Heffner died at the age of 91. He was hailed in the press (for decades) as being solely responsible for the sexual revolution of the 60s, a champion of civil rights, a First Amendment warrior, a philanthropic activist, and a hero to women who would still be stuck home with sexless lives were it not for his brand Playboy.
It was just a few weeks afterward that the ‘Me Too” movement began with the first articles about Harvey Weinstein being played out in the media and shitty people decrying “cancel culture” ever since. In this episode, I will talk about the ways Hef used manipulation to control and dominate the lives of people who worked for him and the horrendous legacy of his horrible relations with women that lasted for decades at the Playboy mansion.
Trigger Warnings: Sexual Assault, Rape, Drug Use, and Animal Abuse (very slight mention here)
The Los Angeles Times
A & E Network’s “Secrets of Playboy”
American Playboy “The Hugh Hefner Story”
Down the Rabbit Hole by Holly Madison
Playground: A Childhood Lost Inside the Playboy Mansion by Jennifer Saginor
Be sure to follow us on social media. But don’t follow us too closely … don’t be a creep about it!
- Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreepPod @CreepPod
- Facebook: Join the private group!
- Instagram @WhatACreepPodcast
- Visit our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/whatacreep
- Email: [email protected]
- We’ve got merch here! https://whatacreeppodcast.threadless.com/#
- Our website is www.whatacreeppodcast.com
- Our logo was created by Claudia Gomez-Rodriguez. Follow her on Instagram @ClaudInCloud