Brooklyn Fit Chick Vlog Episode #74
Daylight Savings Time Survival, Reading About “Network,” Getting My Butt Handed to Me at Brooklyn Body Burn, Yum Yucky & Intermittent Fasting, “Six by Sondheim”
Plus: The MaxFlow Sports Headband Giveaway!!
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
So today is Sunday, the day we begin Daylight Savings Time and this past week I wrote a survival guide on Sweat Guru describing my best strategies for fighting the “sleepies” brought on by losing that hour of sleep. Alas, in spite of my best efforts to NOT feel that hour of sleep lost my butt is dragging around today and I am working hard to stay motivated.
But know this—I am HERE for you people today and every day. Pinky swear!
I have a few fun things to chit-chat about this week so let’s not waste any more time and get right to it, shall we?
- Last night I did go to bed early in order to make up for Daylight Savings Time but made the colossal mistake of starting to read Mad as Hell by Dave Itzkoff. Dave is a reporter for the New York Times and is one of my favorite writers—period. His newest book is all about the making of the film Network which is one of the best films ever made (if not THE best) taking on the sensationalizing of the evening news. I first heard about Mad as Hell on The Fogenest Files podcast (hosted by the amazing Jake Fogelnest.) If you have never seen Network before—do yourself a favor and check it out today! THEN get this amazing book so we can chat about it in the future. Your brain will thank you for it!
- My girl Josie of Yum Yucky recently talked about trying Intermittent Fasting to get through a workout & weight loss plateau. In essence she is breaking down her eating schedule to a few hours during the day to allow her body time to properly digest food and repair itself. I was a little skeptical at first but her results are so amazing that for the next few weeks I will give it a go. Monday-Friday I will eat at 9 am, Noon and 3 pm (Paleo-centric, of course) and over the weekends try to keep it to a 9-hour window (I teach all morning both days and mama needs to fuel up first!) Get back to y’all at the end of the month to let you know how it goes.
- If you have HBO you must see Six by Sondheim which is a documentary about songwriter Stephen Sondheim where they examine his writing process and the creative inspirations for six of his best works including Send in the Clowns and my new theme song—I’m Still Here (Check out the video below by Jarvis Cocker—love!) Not kidding—I cried four times during the film and yes, I am a HUGE sap.
MaxFlow Sports Headband Giveaway
For this week’s giveaway I am offering one of two MaxFlow Sports headbands that they sent to me because I am one of their brand ambassadors—yay!
MaxFlow Sports uses a “Cross-Grip” technology so that they actually stay in place the entire time you work out (imagine that?) So while keeping the sweat out of your face they will not slip. Also, they are very comfortable and easy to maintain (machine washable.) The colors I am offering today are solid pink and a black & white print. You will one of them and I will keep the other!
Now, on to this week’s Vlog post (Forgive my sleepy face, please. It’s been a long day.)
Got that? So if you want to win this giveaway you must do the following (Continental United States, please!)
- Post a comment below (on this post) letting me know you are interested.
- Send a comment on Twitter and say “I want to win the @MaxFlowSports headband from @brooklynfitchick”
- If you haven’t already—let me know you are subscribing to my You Tube channel
I will pick one winner at random next Monday, March 17, 2013 at NOON Eastern Time and contact them directly. Good luck and enter as often as you like!
Until next time…
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: “BrooklynFitChik” (note the spelling!)
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1