Book Vs Movie
“Catch Me If You Can“
The Margos go for the short con here and discuss all things Frank Abagnale, a man who between 16-21 years old was the most competent (and weirdly likable) fraud impersonating a pilot, lawyer, doctor, and teacher before finally getting caught by the FBI. He also cashed fraudulent checks around the U.S. and around the world to the tune of over $2 million.
Frank’s story is incredible and it makes for both a fun read and movie (though we do have a definite preference in this episode!)
The film ultimately adapted by Stephen Spielberg and filmed in over 100 locations in 54 days which is unheard of and adds to the pacing of the movie. But what changes were made to make Frank’s life seem more “movie-friendly?” Do they add value? What does Frank himself think of Catch Me if You Can? Find out in this episode!
In this ep the Margos discuss :
- The real story of Frank Abagnale (and what changes that were made for the movie)
- The likeability of Frank even though he is kind of a skunk
- The look of the movie
- The cast of the movie including Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks, and Christopher Walken
- The Academy Award nominations the film earned
- Frank Abagnale on To Tell the Truth (1977)
- Catch Me if You Can trailer
- Frank (Leonardo DiCaprio) impersonates being an FBI agent in front of Carl (Tom Hanks)
- Jennifer Garner’s scene
- Outro Music “Come Fly with Me”
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brought to you by Audible.com You can sign up for a FREE 30-day trial here http://www.audible.com/?source_code=PDTGBPD060314004R
Want to meet the Margos? Come join us at the Podern Love convention in New Orleans!
Margo D. @BrooklynFitChik www.brooklynfitchick.com email@example.com
Margo P. @ShesNachoMama http://thechingonahomesteader.weebly.com/