Book Vs Movie (Replay)
Act Like a Lady. Think Like a Man
The 2009 Self-Help Book from Comedian Steve Harvey Vs the 2012 Movie
With Special Guest Kristen Meinzer of the By the Book podcast
Hey BVMers! The Margos are trying their first self-help book, Steve Harvey’s Think Like a Lady. Act Like a Man (2009) along with our special guest this week–Kristen Meinzer of the By the Book podcast. Let’s just say this, for self-identifying feminists –this book was a challenge to get through.
Harvey is a man with a dozen different jobs including the Steve Harvey Morning Radio Show and as host of the Family Feud. His premise is that dozens of women over the years called into his show to ask for advice on their heterosexual relationships (he is very “traditional”) and he wanted to offer them the best tips for how women can manage their men.
It involves not giving up “the cookie” for 90s days and basically be happy taking on most of the emotional labor in any relationship you have with a “good man.” (And if be misbehave–maybe YOU did something wrong?)
So between the book and the movie–which did we like better? Click the link at the bottom to find out.
In this ep the Margos and Kristen discuss:
- Steve Harvey’s life as a comic and thrice-married person and pondering why anyone would ask him for dating tips?
- The different types of relationship books released in the last twenty years that caught the American imagination
- The cast including Michael Ealy (Dominic,) Jerry Ferrara (Jeremy,) Meagan Good (Mya,) Regina Hall (Candace,) Kevin Hart (Cedric,) Taraji P. Henson (Lauren,) Gabrielle Union (Kristen,) La La Anthony (Sonia,) Terrence Jenkins (Michael,) Jennifer Lewis (Loretta,) Romany Malco (Zeke,) Gary Owen (Bennett,) Sherri Shephard (Vicki) and Wendy Williams (Gail)
- The biggest differences between the book and movie
- Our favorite scenes from the movie
- Think Like a Man trailer
- Different types of men featured in the movie (as described by Kevin Hart)
- Outro music Think Like a Man by Jennifer Hudson
Join our Patreon page to help support the show! https://www.patreon.com/bookversusmovie
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brought to you by Audible.com You can sign up for a FREE 30-day trial here http://www.audible.com/?source_code=PDTGBPD060314004R
Margo D. @BrooklynFitChik www.brooklynfitchick.com email@example.com
Margo P. @ShesNachoMama https://coloniabook.weebly.com/