What a Creep: Joey Buttafuoco & John Wayne Bobbitt
Season 10, Episode 1
90s Tabloid Creeps
The name alone became a punchline—Buttafuoco!
In the summer of 1992, America was obsessed with this trashy tale from Long Island about a murderous teenager and her dumb, muscle pants-wearing lover.
This scandal had everything, sex, escort services, autobody shops, a Howard Stern interview, and secret videotapes which the tabloid media covered breathlessly for over a year.
Trigger Warnings: Sexual assault, grooming and gun violence
John Wayne Bobbitt
In 1993, the John Wayne and Lorena Bobbitt scandal was a tabloid dream come true. After suffering years of physical, emotional, and sexual abuse, Lorena cut off John’s penis. It was a sensational story, but what we missed in all the coverage was the fact that John Wayne Bobbitt was an abusive prick.
Lorena on Amazon Prime
Trigger warnings: Rape, domestic violence, and penis removal
Be sure to follow us on social media! But don’t follow us too closely … don’t be a creep about it!
- Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreepPod @CreepPod
- Facebook: Join the private group!
- Instagram @WhatACreepPodcast
- Visit our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/whatacreep
- Email: WhatACreepPodcast@gmail.com
- We’ve got merch here! https://whatacreeppodcast.threadless.com/#
- Our website is www.whatacreeppodcast.com
- Our logo was created by Claudia Gomez-Rodriguez follow her on Instagram @ClaudInCloud