Book Vs Movie Podcast
“Murder on the Orient Express”
The Margos put their detective hats on and get all old-timey in this new ep talking about the number one fiction author of all time Agatha Christie and the 1974 Sidney Lumet classic Murder on the Orient Express. So what are the similarities and differences between the original novel (published in 1934) and the film versions we watched? And which actor best captured Poirot in the Margos estimation?
In this episode the Margos discuss::
- The incredible life story of Agatha Christie (including her disappearance in 1926)
- Her most famous character Hercule Poirot and the many actors who have played him over the years.
- The all-star cast filled with multiple Oscar winners
- How Lumet managed to capture that 30-minute ending (!) with so many pages of dialog and a small filming space.
- The amazing score by Richard Rodney Bennett
- How PBS created their own version for Masterpiece Theater.
- The Kenneth Branagh adaptation in theaters as we tape this.
Correction! The actor who plays Ratchett in the PBS version is Toby Jones!
Original TV Trailer
Venessa Redgrave and Sean Connery’s sexy scene
Ingrid Bergman winning the Academy Award for her performance at the 1975 ceremony
Outro Music: “Overture & Kidnapping” by Richard Rodney Bennett
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Find us in Apple Podcasts
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brought to you by Audible.com You can sign up for a FREE 30-day trial here http://www.audible.com/?source_code=PDTGBPD060314004R
Want to meet the Margos? Come join us at the Podern Love convention in New Orleans!
Margo D. @BrooklynFitChik www.brooklynfitchick.com email@example.com
Margo P. @ShesNachoMama http://thechingonahomesteader.weebly.com/