Book Vs Movie
The Margos Take on the Stephen King Classic in this Redo Ep
It’s October and the Margos are SO excited to revisit a classic Stephen King tale–Carrie which we originally covered in 2014 (using the old, old way we recorded back in the early days.) This is not only King’s first movie adaptation but it is also based on his first published novel. There are so many changes between book & movie that we wanted to give it a modern treatment (meaning better sound and lots of clips!)
Just how different is the original novel versus the Brian DePalma masterpiece of horror? Whoo boy—there were some major changes made (and for very good reason in many instances.)
So which did the Margos like better? Book or Movie? Check out the link below to find out!
Once again, we are SO lucky to have Penguin Books sponsor this episode! The Margos are thrilled to be asked to talk about author Ransom Riggs‘ newest “Miss Peregrine’s story”–A Map of Days which is on sale right now.
This is the fourth novel in the series and lead character Jacob Portman’s life in the United States is the setting for this newest adventure. Get your copy today! (It makes for a great gift, by the way.)
In this ep the Margos discuss :
- The backstory behind Stephen King’s first novel (and why his wife Tabitha is a hero to King fans everywhere!)
- The major differences between the book and the 1976 movie
- How “Carrie” became a famous “musical flop” in the 80s and is now considered a camp classic
- The casting of the movie including Sissy Spacek “Carrie”, Piper Laurie “Margaret White”, Amy Irving “Sue Snell”, John Travolta “Billy Nolan” and William Katt “Tommy Ross”.
- The music used by famed composer Bernard Herrmann who died just before the movie’s release.
- The various “Carrie” TV movie and films that have been created since 1976
- Stephen King interviewed by MPR’s “Talking Volumes” in 2009
- Carrie 1976 trailer
- Carrie White being told she is a sinner by her mother
- Miss Collins (Betty Buckley) talks with Tommy Ross and Sue Snell
- Carrie unleashes her power at the prom
- Outro Music: Carrie closing credits (Music by Pino Donaggio)
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at [email protected]
Brought to you by Audible.com You can sign up for a FREE 30-day trial here http://www.audible.com/?source_code=PDTGBPD060314004R
Margo D. @BrooklynFitChik www.brooklynfitchick.com [email protected]
Margo P. @ShesNachoMama http://thechingonahomesteader.weebly.com/