Book Vs Movie Podcast
“Call Me by Your Name” (Replay)
The 2007 Andre Aciman novel Vs
the 2017 Luca Guadagnino Film
The Margos are feeling 80s and dreamy with this episode talking about Call Me by Your Name. The book came out in 2007 to quite a bit of acclaim for the American/Egyptian author Andre Aciman which tells the story of a 17-year-old Elio Perlman who meets and falls in love with 24-year-old Oliver during a stay in Italy in the summer of 1987.
Elio is open about his bisexuality and is immediately attracted to Oliver–to the point he can’t seem to focus on anything but their common Jewish ancestry and Oliver’s possible interest in him.
The film was adapted by Italian director Luca Guadagnino and the Margos compare and contrast between the book and movie.
So between the book and movie, which did the Margos like more? Click on the link below to find out.
In this episode the Margos discuss :
- The backstory of author Andre Aciman
- The basic plot of both book & movie and where we noticed difference them
- The music choices in the movie
- The cast of the movie including Timothée Chalamet, Armie Hammer, and Michael Stuhlbarg.
- The Academy Award nominations the film earned
- Bringing back the expression “later!”
- Call Me By Your Name audiobook intro by Armie Hammer
- Call Me Your Name trailer
- The scene with Oliver (Armie Hammer) and Elio (Timothee Chalamet) “touching” for the first time
- Mr. Perlman (Michael Stuhlbarg) gives the film’s last speech
- Outro Music “Love My Way” by The Psychedelic Furs
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at [email protected]
Brought to you by Audible.com You can sign up for a FREE 30-day trial here http://www.audible.com/?source_code=PDTGBPD060314004R
Margo D. @BrooklynFitChik www.brooklynfitchick.com [email protected]
Margo P. @ShesNachoMama http://thechingonahomesteader.weebly.com/