Book Vs Movie (Replay)
“Who Framed Roger Rabbit“
Wait, it was based on a book?
The Margos were shocked to find out that the 1988 film Who Framed Roger Rabbit (directed by Robert Zemeckis) was based on a very dark book titled Who Censored Roger Rabbit by author Gary K. Wolf which meant, of course, we had to cover them both for our show. (Thanks to all of the members of our Facebook group for pointing us in this direction!)
The book was published in 1981 and is very different in both tone and attitude to the 1988 adaptation. In the “Censored” world–the characters are darker and meaner with totally different stakes than in the movie.
Disney, which produced the film, made some substantial changes in the look and with the characters featured making it much more kid-friendly (but still with some really scary in some scenes!)
So between the book and movie–which did the Margos like better? Check out the link below to find out!
In this ep the Margos discuss :
- The true origin story of Roger Rabbit
- The biggest differences between the book and movie
- How the “toons” speak in the book versus the movie
- Why the author has continually sued Disney over profits he claims he is still owed
- The cast of the movie including Bob Hoskins, Christopher Lloyd, Joanna Cassidy, and Charles Fleischer
- The women who voiced Jessica Rabbit
- Plus, tons of trivia and tidbits
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brought to you by Audible.com You can sign up for a FREE 30-day trial here http://www.audible.com/?source_code=PDTGBPD060314004R
Margo D. @BrooklynFitChik www.brooklynfitchick.com email@example.com
Margo P. @ShesNachoMama http://thechingonahomesteader.weebly.com/