Book Vs. Movie (Replay)
“Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep” vs “Blade Runner“
RIP Rutger Hauer (January 23, 1944-July 19, 2019)
The Margos take on the Sci-Fi classic “Blade Runner” directed by Ridley Scott based on the Phillip K. Dick novel “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep” because the nerds demanded it of us!
This episode was originally recorded in 2016 so please forgive any sound issues. We wanted to honor the excellent performance by the late actor Rutger Hauer who basically steals the film from star Harrison Ford.
In this episode they discuss:
- The backstory to Philip K. Dick’s 1968 novel and how it defers greatly from the 1982 film.
- What role “empathy” plays in Dick’s work
- The notoriously difficult film shoot and the use of badly wigged stunt doubles
- The incredible special effects and art direction that changed the look of movies for a generation
- The sheer awfulness of the 1983 version with narration
- The three different versions available to view
- Blade Runner original 1983 trailer
- Rutger Hauer’s last scene as Roy Batty.
- Outro music by Vangelis
Join our Patreon page to help support the show! https://www.patreon.com/bookversusmovie
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at [email protected]
Brought to you by Audible.com You can sign up for a FREE 30-day trial here http://www.audible.com/?source_code=PDTGBPD060314004R
Margo D. @BrooklynFitChik www.brooklynfitchick.com [email protected]
Margo P. @ShesNachoMama http://thechingonahomesteader.weebly.com/