Book Vs Movie
Michael Chabon’s 1995 novel Vs the 2000 Curtis Hanson movie
The Margos go back to school with this college-themed episode talking about the Michael Chabon novel Wonder Boys that was adapted into the cult classic film by the late Curtis Hanson. The story revolves around the life of a grumpy author (Grady Tripp) and the various problems he has in his personal life including his wife leaving him, his mistress pregnancy news, a young writer who needs his guidance and the theft of a Marilyn Monroe artifact.
Click the link at the bottom to find out.
In this ep the Margos and Kristen discuss:
- The career of author Michael Chabon
- The wonderful cast including Michael Douglas (Grady Tripp,) Tobey Maguire (James Leer,) Frances McDormand (Sara Gaskell,) Robert Downey, Jr. (Terry Crabtree,) Katie Holmes (Hannah Green,) Rip Torn (Q,) Jane Adams (Oola,) Richard Thomas (Walter Gaskell,) Alan Tudyk (Traxler,) Richard Knox (Vernon Hardapple,) Michael Cavadias (Miss Sloviak,) and Philip Bosco.
- The biggest differences between the book and movie
- Our favorite scenes from the movie
- Wonder Boys trailer
- Grady and Crabtree with the gun
- Outro music Things Have Changed by Bob Dylan
Join our Patreon page to help support the show! https://www.patreon.com/bookversusmovie
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at [email protected]
Brought to you by Audible.com You can sign up for a FREE 30-day trial here http://www.audible.com/?source_code=PDTGBPD060314004R
Margo D. @BrooklynFitChik www.brooklynfitchick.com [email protected]
Margo P. @ShesNachoMama https://coloniabook.weebly.com/