Book Vs Movie
The Daphne du Maurier 1951 Short Story Vs the Alfred Hitchcock 1963 Classic Film
The Margos both have stories about the first time we saw the Alfred Hitchcock film The Birds and knew they also wanted to return to the fascinating life of Daphne du Maurier so it made sense to include her short story in our season of “scary” books and movies.
The author was famously NOT a fan of the Hitchcock adaptation as she felt her story taking place in post War England and not in Northern California was important to the actual meaning behind her message. Which version do we better?
Click the link at the bottom to find out.
In this ep the Margos discuss:
- The interesting life of Daphne du Maurier
- The biggest differences between the book and movie
- Our favorite scenes from the movie
- The Birds trailer
- The scene at the schoolyard
- The “hysterical mother in the diner” (Doreen Lang)
- Tippi Hedren interviewed for Huff Post in 2011
- The last scene of the movie
Join our Patreon page to help support the show! https://www.patreon.com/bookversusmovie
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at [email protected]
Brought to you by Audible.com You can sign up for a FREE 30-day trial here http://www.audible.com/?source_code=PDTGBPD060314004R
Margo P. @ShesNachoMama https://coloniabook.weebly.com/