Book Vs Movie (replay)
“The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants”
The 2001 YA Classic Novel Vs. the Beloved 2005 Movie
We needed a break here from the intense and decided to dip back into the YA novel waters with the lovely first installment (of five!) of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants from author Ann Brashares and what a delight it is!
In this episode, the Margos talk about the main plot points in the book with the characters of Lena Kaligaris, Tibby Rollins, Bridget Creeland and Carmen Lowell and their unique friendship. It’s such a sweet, loving tale–we can’t stop gushing about it!
What’s not to love about this story, really? It has strong female characters, an interesting premise, summer vacation locales, real family issues and a great message about keeping your friends close and embracing every wonderful opportunity that comes your way.
So between the novel and the movie–which did we like better? Click the link at the bottom to find out.
In this ep the Margos discuss:
- The backstory of author Ann Brashares
- The way sadness, family, and sexuality are discussed in both the book and movie
- The major differences between the book and the film
- The amazing chemistry between the leads in the movie
- How much we now want to travel to Greece!
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (original trailer)
- Tibby (Lively) flirting with Eric (Mike Vogel)
- Carmen ( Ferrera) confronts her father (played by Bradley Whitford) about abandoning her
- Lena ( Bledel) & Papou (George Touliatos)
- Outro music Closer to You by Brandi Carlile
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at [email protected]
Brought to you by Audible.com You can sign up for a FREE 30-day trial here http://www.audible.com/?source_code=PDTGBPD060314004R
Margo P. @ShesNachoMama http://thechingonahomesteader.weebly.com/