What a Creep
Season 8, Episode 8
Pablo Picasso is one of the most influential artists of the 20th century. His art career lasted 78 years, creating more than 147,800 works of art, including 13,500 paintings or designs, 100,000 prints or engravings, 34,000 book illustrations, and 300 sculptures or ceramics.
Yes, he was an amazing artist, but he was a garbage human being.
Picasso was unfaithful to every woman he claimed to love, and, at least indirectly, drove two of them to suicide. He used them for his own self-serving needs, for inspiration, and then moved on to his next inspiration.
Trigger warning: Domestic abuse, suicide, and cheating, lots and lots of cheating
Sources for this episode:
- The Paris Review
- The Atlantic
- The Guardian
- CBS Morning interview with Francoise Gilot
- History Collection
Be sure to follow us on social media! But don’t follow us too closely … don’t be a creep about it!
- Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreepPod @CreepPod
- Facebook: Join the private group!
- Instagram @WhatACreepPodcast
- Visit our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/whatacreep
- Email: WhatACreepPodcast@gmail.com
- We’ve got merch here! https://whatacreeppodcast.threadless.com/#
- Our website is www.whatacreeppodcast.com
- Our logo was created by Claudia Gomez-Rodriguez follow her on Instagram @ClaudInCloud