What a Creep: Billy McFarland
Fyre Festival Creep
Season 10, Episode 7
On April 28, 2017, a tweet blew up the Internet from Trevor DeHaas, @trev4president with a picture of a very sad bread and cheese meal saying “Here’s the dinner they fed us tonight. Literally slices of bread, cheese, and salad with no dressing #fyrefraud #fyrefestival #dumpsterfyre
This was day one of the Fyre Festival fraud perpetrated by 25-year old Fyre Media CEO & Founder Billy McFarland. Hundreds of people were stranded, millions of dollars were borrowed and never paid back. Here is the story of one of the biggest (and youngest) frauds we have covered on this show.
Sources for this episode:
NME Ja Rule sells Cheese Sandwich for NFT
Netflix: The Greatest Party That Never Happened
Be sure to follow us on social media! But don’t follow us too closely … don’t be a creep about it!
- Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreepPod @CreepPod
- Facebook: Join the private group!
- Instagram @WhatACreepPodcast
- Visit our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/whatacreep
- Email: [email protected]
- We’ve got merch here! https://whatacreeppodcast.threadless.com/#
- Our website is www.whatacreeppodcast.com
- Our logo was created by Claudia Gomez-Rodriguez follow her on Instagram @ClaudInCloud