Book Vs Movie: “Fantastic Mr. Fox”
The Margos Cover Roald Dahl (Again!)
One of the most covered authors on Book Vs Movie is also one of the most controversial and we discuss why in this episode dedicated to Roald Dahl and his 1970 children’s novel Fantastic Mr. Fox. The story about a smart fox, his loving family, and his cunning ways to feed them involves tricking the local farmers. The original illustrations were from Donald Chaffin and you can listen to Dahl read his own stories on Audible.
In 2009, director Wes Anderson directed a stop-motion animation version of the tale with George Clooney, Meryl Streep, and Bill Murray among the big-name cast providing the voices. Director Noah Baumbach helped with the screenplay and the film was a critical favorite but had the misfortune of being released the same year as the movie Up.
So, between the book and the movie–which did we prefer? Have a listen and find out!
In this ep the Margos discuss:
- The life story of Roald Dahl
- The many changes between the original material and the film
- The outstanding soundtrack
- The cast: George Clooney (Mr. Fox,) Meryl Streep (Felicity Fox,) Jason Schwartzman (Ash Fox,) Bill Murray (Clive Badger,) Willem Dafoe (Rat,) Michael Gambon (Frank Bean,) Owen Wilson (Coach Skip,) and Wallace Wolodarsky as Kylie.
- Roald Dahl reads from Fantastic Mr. Fox (intro)
- Fantastic Mr. Fox trailer
- Mr. Fox meets with lawyer Clive Badger
- Psychotic Rat
- Mr. Fox meets the Wolf
- Fantastic Mr. Fox by Jarvis Cocker
Book Vs Movie is part of the Frolic Podcast Network. Find more podcasts you will love Frolic.Media/podcasts
Join our Patreon page to help support the show! https://www.patreon.com/bookversusmovie
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at [email protected]
Brought to you by Audible.com You can sign up for a FREE 30-day trial here http://www.audible.com/?source_code=PDTGBPD060314004R
Margo D. @BrooklynFitChik www.brooklynfitchick.com [email protected]
Margo P. @ShesNachoMama https://coloniabook.weebly.com/
Our logo was designed by Madeleine Gainey/Studio 39 Marketing Follow on Instagram @Studio39Marketing & @musicalmadeleine