What a Creep: Eric Clapton
Season 12, Episode 2
Old-Fashioned Rock Creep
Eric Patrick Clapton is a musician of such renown; he is the only person inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame three times. He has won several Grammys and was given the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006. Some of the bands he has been with include The Yardbirds, Cream, Blind Faith, Delaney & Bonnie, and Derek and the Dominoes.
He has played at London’s Royal Albert Hall over 200 times, the most of any artist. His life has been marked by addiction issues and tragedies, making him one of the most dependable guests for charity concerts over the last 40+ years. He created the Crossroads Centre in Antigua to help people with addiction issues and holds charity concerts of his own to raise money and help people lead sober lives.
IN his mid-70s now, Clapton is a family man to four daughters and one grandson who seems to have calmed down after years of self-abuse and abusive behavior towards the women in his life.
He also made some super racist remarks and aligned himself with one of the biggest assholes in British politics.
Recently, he decided that following the protocols of COVID prevention was not to his liking. He teamed up with famous curmudgeon Van Morrison to first record a dopey song fighting the lockdowns and wearing masks to stop the spread of the disease. He also decided to tour America this fall and refuse to play anywhere that requires the audience to have proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test calling because that is discrimination.
This episode will focus on his terrible, chauvinistic, & abusive behavior towards women for decades. His racist outburst and the “Rock Against Racism’ cultural movement happened because of it. His many health woes over the last 40 years may be why he reacted to the COVID vaccine and the misinformation campaign he promotes now.
Trigger warning: Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Racism, and Misogyny
- Eric Clapton Wikipedia
- Rolling Stone
- Ultimate Classic Rock
- White Riot documentary (2020)
- Clapton: The Autobiography
- Pattie Boyd: Wonderful Tonight
- “Rock Against Racism” (Wiki Page)
- Eric Clapton: Life in 12-Bars (documentary)
- Daily Beast
- Enoch Powell wiki
- The Guardian
- The Independent
Be sure to follow us on social media. But don’t follow us too closely … don’t be a creep about it!
- Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreepPod @CreepPod
- Facebook: Join the private group!
- Instagram @WhatACreepPodcast
- Visit our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/whatacreep
- Email: [email protected]
- We’ve got merch here! https://whatacreeppodcast.threadless.com/#
- Our website is www.whatacreeppodcast.com
- Our logo was created by Claudia Gomez-Rodriguez. Follow her on Instagram @ClaudInCloud