What a Creep: “The Gainesville Ripper”
Season 13, Episode 3
Danny Rolling, the inspiration for Scream’s “Ghostface”
Did you know that the movie SCREAM was inspired by a true crime? We didn’t. Danny Rolling, the Gainesville Ripper, murdered five students in Gainesville, Fla., in August 1990, which all but shut down the college town. And it turned out he had murdered before but didn’t get caught until years later. This is a rough one y’all.
Trigger warnings including child abuse, rape, mutilation, and decapitation
Sources for this episode:
Be sure to follow us on social media. But don’t follow us too closely … don’t be a creep about it!
- Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreepPod @CreepPod
- Facebook: Join the private group!
- Instagram @WhatACreepPodcast
- Visit our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/whatacreep
- Email: [email protected]
- We’ve got merch here! https://whatacreeppodcast.threadless.com/#
- Our website is www.whatacreeppodcast.com
- Our logo was created by Claudia Gomez-Rodriguez. Follow her on Instagram @ClaudInCloud