What a Creep: Norman Mailer
Season 14, Episode 3
Writer, Activist, & Wife-Stabber
Norman Mailer has been in the news lately due to the fact his son John Buffalo Mailer who is partnering with Mailer biographer J. Michael Lennon on a new trove of Mailer writings with the later writers’ ideas on what American democracy will look like in the future. The man died in 2007 at the age of 84 and lived as big a life as any (we will get into it all today.) Yet, Mailer’s longtime publisher Random House said they will not be associated with this work, instead, Skyhorse publishing (which worked with Woody Allen last year) decided to take on this new work.
Why is Mailer potentially considered “canceled” so long after his death and living a life out loud with his machismo & boorishness? Today we will talk about Norman Mailer and why he is one of the most controversial (and creepy) writers & creators of the 20th century.
Trigger warning: Domestic Violence & homophobia
Town Bloody Hall (1979)
Be sure to follow us on social media. But don’t follow us too closely … don’t be a creep about it!
- Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreepPod @CreepPod
- Facebook: Join the private group!
- Instagram @WhatACreepPodcast
- Visit our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/whatacreep
- Email: WhatACreepPodcast@gmail.com
- We’ve got merch here! https://whatacreeppodcast.threadless.com/#
- Our website is www.whatacreeppodcast.com
- Our logo was created by Claudia Gomez-Rodriguez. Follow her on Instagram @ClaudInCloud