What a Creep
Season 17, Episode 5
Trigger warnings: Sexual assault and sexual abuse
Jimmy Savile was a British DJ, television, and radio personality who hosted many BBC shows, including Top of the Pops and Jim’ll Fix It for decades, making him a household name. He was known for his platinum-dyed hair and, later, his tacky tracksuits and cigars. He was also a well-known good samaritan, raising millions for charities all over the country.
But, after he died in 2011, he was revealed to be one of Britain’s most serious sexual predators. Over several decades he abused almost 600 boys and girls, some as young as 2 years old. He did this in the BBC’s broadcasting studios, 14 hospitals, and 20 children’s hospitals across England.
Sources for this episode:
- Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story (Netflix)
- The Other Side of Jimmy Savile (ITV)
- Jimmy Savile: Crimes That Shook Britain (Season 5, Episode 1)
- The Guardian
- The Guardian
- The Conversation
- Operation YewTree
Be sure to follow us on social media. But don’t follow us too closely … don’t be a creep about it!
- Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreepPod @CreepPod
- Facebook: Join the private group!
- Instagram @WhatACreepPodcast
- Visit our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/whatacreep
- Email: [email protected]
- We’ve got merch here! https://whatacreeppodcast.threadless.com/#
- Our website is www.whatacreeppodcast.com
- Claudia Gomez-Rodriguez created our logo. Follow her on Instagram @ClaudInCloud