What a Creep
Season 21, Episode 6
Shein & Temu
If you scroll through your social media channels, you’ve probably seen ads and sponsored posts about Shein and Temu.
Shein mainly sells fashion and clothes, and Temu offers just about everything: clothing, appliances, furniture, even power tools. Both are online retailers based in China.
And they have a few other things in common, too, including accusations of violating labor laws and stealing designs. Super cool stuff!
Sources for this episode include:
- Shein on Better Business Bureau
- Temu on Better Business Bureau
- Ethically Dressed
- Ethically Dressed: 30+ designers that Shein stole from
- Good On You
- The Guardian
- The Mary Sue
- The New York Times
- Public Eye
- Shein’s Wikipedia
- Temu’s Wikipedia
Links to help Maui Wildfire victims:
Via the Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/tips/maui-wildfires-how-to-help/
Via the Honolulu Star-Advertiser:
Be sure to follow us on social media. But don’t follow us too closely … don’t be a creep about it!
- Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreepPod @CreepPod
- Facebook: Join the private group!
- Instagram @WhatACreepPodcast
- Visit our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/whatacreep
- Email: [email protected]
- We’ve got merch here! https://whatacreeppodcast.threadless.com/#
- Our website is www.whatacreeppodcast.com
- Our logo was created by Claudia Gomez-Rodriguez. Follow her on Instagram @ClaudInCloud