What a Creep
Season 22, Episode 7
Mark Schwahn “One Tree Hill showrunner and creep!
One Tree Hill was a popular CW show that had all the ingredients for success – attractive actors, dramatic storylines, a complex timeline, and was filmed in North Carolina. However, the show was marred by the inappropriate behavior of its showrunner, Mark Schwahn. His harassment and mistreatment of the cast and crew were brought to light by writer Audrey Wauchope in a series of tweets in 2017, during the height of the “Me Too” movement. This followed the investigation of another CW showrunner, Andrew Kreisberg, who was accused of sexual harassment and creating an unsafe work environment on The Flash. Kreisberg was paid $10 million to leave.
Today, we are discussing the impact of a toxic boss on a workplace, and the bravery of the women who spoke out against this behavior. Their actions have set a new standard for a safer and more respectful work environment, particularly after the recent strikes in the United States.
Sources for this episode:
· EW 2
· EW 3
· The Wrap
· AV Club
Trigger warnings: Sexual Harassment, sexual assault, and workplace abuse
Be sure to follow us on social media. But don’t follow us too closely … don’t be a creep about it!
- Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreepPod @CreepPod
- Facebook: Join the private group!
- Instagram @WhatACreepPodcast
- Visit our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/whatacreep
- Email: [email protected]
- We’ve got merch here! https://whatacreeppodcast.threadless.com/#
- Our website is www.whatacreeppodcast.com
- Our logo was created by Claudia Gomez-Rodriguez. Follow her on Instagram @ClaudInCloud