What a Creep
Season 22, Episode 8
Crisis Pregnancy Centers
What started as a bunch of small, locally-run crisis pregnancy centers to discourage women from getting abortions has grown into an anti-abortion movement with political clout and government funding. These centers and the organizations that run them have only grown more powerful since the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade last year and removed abortion rights protections.
If you’re against abortion and want to encourage women to carry their pregnancies to term, you’re within your right to open a clinic that encourages that. But these crisis pregnancy centers spread lies and practice delay tactics to trick women into having babies. Creeps!
Sources for this episode:
- American College of Obstetricians and Pediatricians
- American Medical Association
- Associated Press
- California Department of Justice
- Columbia Law Review
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
- Legal Voice
- Mother Jones
- Ms. Magazine
- National Institute of Health
- Texas Tribune
- Washington Post
Be sure to follow us on social media. But don’t follow us too closely … don’t be a creep about it!
- Subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreepPod @CreepPod
- Facebook: Join the private group!
- Instagram @WhatACreepPodcast
- Visit our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/whatacreep
- Email: [email protected]
- We’ve got merch here! https://whatacreeppodcast.threadless.com/#
- Our website is www.whatacreeppodcast.com
- Our logo was created by Claudia Gomez-Rodriguez. Follow her on Instagram @ClaudInCloud